[SOLVED] B550m pro-vdh wifi motherboard has audio but mic is constantly beeping (no voice picked up) ?

Dec 28, 2020
I'm honestly at my wits end with this issue as I've been trying my best to fix this for well over two days now and to no avail.
My motherboard is the MSI B550m pro-vdh wifi and I'm currently using standard apple earphones that come attached to older apple phones (the ones with the 3.5mm jacks) --> I've also tried some random earbuds with the same type of jack with no difference

Currently the problem that I'm facing is that no matter what I type of earbuds I use, there is a constant beeping sound that is emitted once I try to record my voice and/or try to join voice calls (I tested this with a friend and they reported that all they heard from my end is a loud and continuous BEEEEP). However, the audio works fine from the front panel, all
I'm currently using the front panel audio jack but I've also tested the back panel audio jacks - no difference

Some issues I've detected is that
  1. the realtek audio console use to show two jacks for the front panel (the green and pink) but now only shows the green one.
  2. in services, there is no realtek hd universal manager
  3. the realtek hd audio manager is finckey and only shows up once I've manually opened the application through the driver file
  4. troubleshooting does nothing and detects no issues with the microphone
  5. I can't set up my microphone as there is no audio picked up by my mic
I've tried deleting and redownloading drives from the MSI website, I've tried downloading them from the Realtek website, I've tried updating the drivers, I've checked whether or not my cable was loose and I've honestly tried everything at this point and I'm beginning to lose it as I need to use this computer for online classes soon.
I'd apprecaite any help that I can get, thank you in advance!

Solution
Ok I tweaked all of that and now my back panel (the pink jack) can detect my voice but there's a lot of static and it's pretty quiet despite it being at 100%
Front panel is still the same, a lot of beeping
What setting do you have under "Control Panel > Sound > Communications"? Try changing the settings to see if that helps.

mute%20all%20other%20sounds%20in%20windows%2010.png
Dec 28, 2020
Have you looked at this reddit thread? There are 2 links to fixes that may be useful to you. According to the thread it is important to have the proper Realtek HD (UAD) Driver installed for Rmealtek Audio Console to work properly.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/byg5oc/difference_between_realtek_hd_audio_manager_and/
I tried what they mentioned and it fixed problems 2 and 3, the both the jacks for the front panel audio now appear + the realtek hd universal manager now appears in service but the mic issue still persists, all the drivers said that they already have the best drivers installed 😕

I tried what they mentioned and it fixed problems 2 and 3, the both the jacks for the front panel audio now appear + the realtek hd universal manager now appears in service but the mic issue still persists, all the drivers said that they already have the best drivers installed 😕
Have you looked through the Windows settings?
You should go to "PC Settings > System > Sound" and check all the Input settings.
You can also go to "Control Panel > Sound > Recording" and check what input devices are listed. Make sure to right click in the window and select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

Dec 28, 2020
Have you looked through the Windows settings?
You should go to "PC Settings > System > Sound" and check all the Input settings.
You can also go to "Control Panel > Sound > Recording" and check what input devices are listed. Make sure to right click in the window and select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".
Ok I tweaked all of that and now my back panel (the pink jack) can detect my voice but there's a lot of static and it's pretty quiet despite it being at 100%
Front panel is still the same, a lot of beeping