Question B660M board problem with having two NVMe drives

Aug 4, 2023
I had a problem ever since I got this board that it didn't recognize my fast nvme drive so I left it after never been able to find any help. So I thought it might be that my second nvme may have died because I couldn't even format. Long story short I ordered a new Samsung 980 from Amazon. Installed and when I loaded up windows 11, I noticed that my other nvme that was working fine was not showing in windows. Only the 980. SO thought maybe it's the port. So I swopped them around and the same. Windows sees the 980 in the other port but not the older NVMe. Bios shows it as N/A.
Every website I go to says go to NVME setting and make sure nvme is set to on or something. Unfortunately the B660M board doesn't have NVME setting per say. Its there, but if you open it, all it does is show you want nvme are detected and it only shows the 980.
What am I doing wrong as I going Insane trying the get this board to see both NVME's. I even bought a external adaptor for the Nvme, but it once to basically format the one that was always working, and i don't feeling like doing that again, just so the adaptor can read it, besides usb is to slow to play games off of.

If anyone knows the solution, please help me with this or I will have to save and buy another motherboard as this Gigabyte board is better than the one I had before which popped , and that one read both nvme drives.

Aug 4, 2023
What is full model name of your motherboard?
You can find it with CPU-Z - motherboard section.

What are model names of your M.2 drives ? Are both Samsung 980 ?
new one is Samsung 980 which is working fine. The other one is a ADATA Swordfish M.2 2280 PCIe Gen 3x4 SSD

So both drives work in one slot and do not work in the other slot?
Upper M.2 slot or lower M.2 slot?

Can you show screenshots from Device Manager - Disk Drives and Storage controllers sections expanded and
Disk Management.
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

Can you show also screenshots from
Disk Management and​
Windows Storage Spaces ?​
What is in device manager list
Realtek RTL9210 Nvme Scsi disk device and​
SATA SSD ?​
Are those some USB connected devices?

Aug 4, 2023
Realtek is an extern nvme usb housing. Got it to format a nvme that wouldn't In windows.
What baffles is that my G drive was working fine until I put the 980 in then it stopped working. Sat at this all night last night till about 1am. changing bios setting, moving and unplugging drives. Even with the 980 out and placing my G drive in either m.2 slot, i still could get windows or Bios to see it anymore. Then Last night I could get any nvme to load, but I finally got the 980 early this morning to pick up again. There has to be a setting In my Bios that is causing this maybe.

View: https://imgur.com/7v2ZllJ

View: https://imgur.com/GRzbWOK