Aug 5, 2019
Hi All

i want to do reverse airflow in my pc chassis from back to front

rear mesh intake
Top mesh intake
Front mesh exhaust
Cpu cooler back to front airflow
Horizontal gpu

can i do that. Will it affect my thermal of components?

Solution
There are 2 reason out of which 1 i told you as above.

second one is long psu shroud in this case. Below (first fan from bottom) front intake fan will throw air to closed psu shroud which is kind of blockage for below front intake fan not completely but about 50% psu shroud will block the intake air by below fan in front.

And my gpu will less cool fresh air from outside.
I believe your overthinking this. First you would have no dust filters on the intake fans. Second their usually no reason to fill all case slots. No real filter on that case anyhow just a front mesh.

That case only comes with one back fan. I would add 2X 140mm or 3X 120mm fans to the front blowing in, one rear fan and one top rear fan blowing out and that...

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Building a new pc of my cousin.

And we gave plenty of space in front to exhaust the air instead from top and rear.

And if we do back to front airflow. Then gpu exhaust heat from sides will directly suck by front fans and it will never get circulated in cpu cooler.

Let me know if my thought process is wrong?

USAFRet

Titan
Cooler master Mb511
Why would you want to do the exact opposite of what the manufacturer suggests?

mb5_3-imageleftorright.png

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Why would you want to do the exact opposite of what the manufacturer suggests?

mb5_3-imageleftorright.png

second one is long psu shroud in this case. Below (first fan from bottom) front intake fan will throw air to closed psu shroud which is kind of blockage for below front intake fan not completely but about 50% psu shroud will block the intake air by below fan in front.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

I believe your overthinking this. First you would have no dust filters on the intake fans. Second their usually no reason to fill all case slots. No real filter on that case anyhow just a front mesh.

That case only comes with one back fan. I would add 2X 140mm or 3X 120mm fans to the front blowing in, one rear fan and one top rear fan blowing out and that should cool everything.

Look at mine below would be about the same setup.

Solution