News Backblaze Reveals Life Expectancy for HDDs in Its Servers, Going Back to 2013

Toshiba. Eww. I stay away from anything Toshiba anymore. They use to be a good brand, but now just all down hill. When we would get a Dell with a Toshiba drive, I would either 1) swap it with a SSD or 2) take a seagate/wd pull from another dell that had a SSD upgrade and toss it in there. Way too many failures for me. More than Seagate and WD combined in my experience and Toshiba is only like 10-20% of OEM drives that have come across my desk.

Toshiba. Eww. I stay away from anything Toshiba anymore. They use to be a good brand, but now just all down hill. When we would get a Dell with a Toshiba drive, I would either 1) swap it with a SSD or 2) take a seagate/wd pull from another dell that had a SSD upgrade and toss it in there. Way too many failures for me. More than Seagate and WD combined in my experience and Toshiba is only like 10-20% of OEM drives that have come across my desk.
In my experience its better to just toss the entire dell computer in the trash, unless its a laptop.

Reactions: cAllen
You need to compare the same number of months
Still by the trends newer and bigger drives last longer. If we include 2TB/3TD drives in to that graph from 2008 or so, then they all died within 3 years if I remember
I am not sure if HDD are worth it right now, unless you have like 1/2TB ssd and you really struggle or you know you will fill 10TB and ssd price is way to hardcore.