Question backup programs

Jan 26, 2018
never looked into it so i dont know where to start or what to avoid but i am looking for a program that can backup/clone multiple hdds to multiple others thats preferably free

mostly i was wondering if there was a simple program where i could simply select a bunch of folders then where to put them and it would scan the destination for what files already exist there and update if newer as well as move existing files that are in a different location now before moving the new files and removing now nonexistent files

i only do big backups ever few years or so and till now i just delete everything and copy it across.. but now i have over 24tb of hdd to back up over 12 drives and its going to take a LONG time that way

You need a backup-sync kind of solution.
If you have data on the destination disk, then cloning is not an option, since cloning a disk into another wipes the data of the destination disk.

You have created a bit of a difficult task for your self by not using a proper backup solution.

Depending on the disk manufacturer, you could get a backup app from their website.

Take a look at FreeFileSync and see if that will work for you.
It could Sync folders and files two way so both disks have the same data.
Also it could sync one way, by comparing both disks.

It could be time consuming to learn the features of a backup/sync program.

LovelySandriana

Commendable
Jan 19, 2020
The most preferred free backup tool which I recommend is Duplicati , it has all what you need, also you can check the trial versions of Carbonite and Gs Richcopy360, rich features are there