Question Bad Pc Performance

Nov 21, 2023
I have an i5 9600k and an rx 6600 xt, but my pc performs slowly and not up to the standard ive seen performing on benchmarks of identical systems. ( i see some benchmarks saying 70 fps on cyberpunk high, while mine struggles to pull 60 on low sometimes. ) it isnt a cooling issue as i have 6 case fans , good airflow and a water cooler on my cpu, is there anything i can do to find out why it performs poorly ?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
It is important to note that benchmark tests and so forth are going to be framed as positive a light as it can on the hardware being reviewed. The entity doing the review may well have a paid partnership with one or more of the equipment manufacturers. It is also important as to whether they are giving every single detail of what they are using for settings or scaling.
Let us not also forget that it is entirely possible for these influencers to be getting binned parts which are at the upper end of the performance for the variant. IE Silicone Lottery in that no two like pieces of hardware are going to be exactly the same. Alongside that is also the balance of the hardware, such as the exact same mobo, exact same RAM set to the same timings, such and so on.

With all that said, it could be a deficiency in your build. It would be helpful if you can list complete specs including power supply.

Nov 21, 2023
It is important to note that benchmark tests and so forth are going to be framed as positive a light as it can on the hardware being reviewed. The entity doing the review may well have a paid partnership with one or more of the equipment manufacturers. It is also important as to whether they are giving every single detail of what they are using for settings or scaling.
Let us not also forget that it is entirely possible for these influencers to be getting binned parts which are at the upper end of the performance for the variant. IE Silicone Lottery in that no two like pieces of hardware are going to be exactly the same. Alongside that is also the balance of the hardware, such as the exact same mobo, exact same RAM set to the same timings, such and so on.

With all that said, it could be a deficiency in your build. It would be helpful if you can list complete specs including power supply.
i5 9600k 4.2 ghz
XFX RX 6600 XT
16 GB 2400MHZ
1tb ssd not sure brand
500w PSU

those are all the specs i have on hand, the motherboard im not entirely sure rn since ive lost the box, i have a water cooling unit on my cpu also
the idea of it being a paid partnership is most likely not true, since these accounts some of them are 1000 subscribers and nowhere is it stated its a partnership which iirc is law now, and the results are consistent over multiple websites and accounts