[SOLVED] Bad Pool Caller(BSOD)

kaydenpretorius15

Honorable
Dec 12, 2018
A couple of times during the last few months, my PC screen freezes and then the sound is stuck in a sort of loop. It stays frozen for a few more seconds and then goes straight to a BSOD that gives the error, ''BAD_POOL_CALLER''. Nothing in my system is overclocked and it's only about 2 and a half years old. I really hope this doesn't mean I need to replace anything. Please help me

Solution
It is likely a driver error

Can you give me specs of PC?

If you are running win 10, can you do this:
Can you follow option one on the following link - here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

Colif

Win 11 Master
It is likely a driver error

Can you give me specs of PC?

If you are running win 10, can you do this:
Can you follow option one on the following link - here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

Solution
generally, you should go to your motherboard vendors website and update the bios and motherboard drivers. skip installing any utilities unless they are already installed.

the suspected driver will be the motherboard sound driver, try to get a new version that is from summer of 2017 or newer.

if the problem continues you will have to provide the minidump fie from c:\windows\minidump directory. IE copy it to a cloud server, share the file for public access and post a link.