Bad quality of audio

Tedy_Ed

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
Hi
So last night I did a full factory reset on my windows 10 laptop and after I downloaded everything back (browser, games and the latest driver updates) I wanted to watch some YouTube videos but the audio quality was really bad. When I put the volume on 70 it sounded like I was listening on 30 and bad quality. Not crisp. I searched for updates for my audio driver by going into device manager. I got 'AMD High Definition Audio Device' and 'IDT High Definition Audio CODEC'. Windows says that the first one is up to date, but when I try to update the second one it says that there where updates found but something interupted the update. The updates I searched where automaticly. Woul'd really like some help.
My laptop: HP Pavilion g7 windows 10 home 64-bit SP1. AMD A6-4400 APU with Radeon HD graphics. 6GB RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7520G. Model nr : g7-2052sd

Sorry for bad English :/

G

If I'm looking at the correct model... Your sound should be using SRS Premium Sound with your Altec Lansing speakers. Try disabling the AMD Hi-Def playback device(s) and enable the SRS audio; right click on your taskbar speaker icon, Playback Devices.

Also ensure that your speaker-properties are (at least) set to 16/48KHz min or 24/48KHz playback ideally; right click on your taskbar speaker icon, Playback Devices.

You can try higher settings, to see if you can hear a difference, but good luck with that as human-hearing has a limited range and what sounds good is ultimately up to you.

Tedy_Ed

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015

What is SRS audio and how do I enable it? Also, I've played around with the playback and it's all the same.