Bad readings? Or is this a problem

Bump321

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
I have had my new system up and running for 2days now... I built a i5 2500k using

Gigabyte Z68X-UD3P-B3
i5 2500k 3.3ghz
8gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz
GTX 560 ti
Corsair TX 650w

Now in the bios my idle temp is CPU 25c and System 30c which i believe is around normal.
I use HWmonitor to check temps while gaming and underload i get around 40c again seems normal?

The problem is at a random time which i have never seen in "realtime" i have only ever seen it displayed as "MAX" temp recorded between 90/130c on my TMPIN 0/1/2 which i would asume could be my northbridge... I have had no lockups or bluescreens and when i alt-tab out of games the temp always says 40c or below 50c atleast.

My hwmonitor also records my Voltages WAY off like -6v etc... again my Bios says 12v

is it safe to asume Hwmonitor is dumping bad results into the max temp?

scottiemedic

Distinguished
HWMonitor is made by CPU-ID, as is PCWizard. I was using PCWizard and noticed my 16GB RAM was only reported as 12GB. Make sure you have the latest version of HWMonitor, after upgrading my PCWizard, I'm getting more accurate readings (Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P). Might be as simple as that. Also, DL and try PCWizard 2012 and see what it says.

scottiemedic

Distinguished
I would second that HWMonitor is the incorrect one. I don't know if it's the Z68 chipset or just the Gigabyte boards, but like I said I had the same prob with another one of CPUID's programs.

I have version 1.15.0 Driver version 132 of HWM and it's reporting my temp2 correctly. I'd do a quick uninstall on HWM and not look back :)