Bad_Pool_Caller Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

boogle1

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
For the last couple days my computer has been getting the blue screen of death that flashes quickly on the screen then restarts while in games such as battlefield bad company 2 and mw2. After about the 6th crash i was able to caught somthing about a graphic card and Bad_Pool_Caller. I thought it was the temp so i put a program on my comp to moniter temp. All the error were happening when the computer was at 40C. I dont know if that is a factor but i do not know. So i went into my bios and look what the warning thing was for temp and i set it at 60c so that wouldnt be a issue. Also, i looked into my event log and i think i found the event that is my most recent crash. Im on windows 7 and i costum built my computer and i recently replaced my power supply because the old one broke and i didnt have this issue before i repalced it. Also, i looked in my event log and found what i think is the event that is the crash the following is what it read.

log name: System
Source: Kernel-power
Event ID 41
Task category 63
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
and under details this is what it said

+ System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2010-04-11T20:12:21.797616300Z

EventRecordID 58971

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer AndrewMooney-PC

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 194
BugcheckParameter1 0x7
BugcheckParameter2 0x1097
BugcheckParameter3 0x69560607
BugcheckParameter4 0x8c382422
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

The following is the critical error

By the way this only happens WHEN IM IN BIG GAMES for like a hour AND NOT WHEN IM JUST ON THE INTERNET AND STUFF.

Thanks

Solution
Firstly - Update your video card to the latest drivers offered by the manufacturer.

Secondly - Go to the Control Panel, and follow these steps:

1. System Icon
2. Advanced Tab
3. Startup and Recovery -> Settings
4. Enable Write an Event to the system log
5. Disable Automatically Restart
6. Select the following debugging information:
* Small memory dump (64 Kb)
* Small Dump Directory : %SystemRoot%\Minidump
7. Confirm all and restart the computer.

After that, you will find the Minidump files (they created after computer crash / BSOD) in the system folder. Please Zip/Rar these files and upload them to your next post.

These files can help us (not always) to determine what was the cause for the crash / BSOD.

Matan Eldan

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2010
Firstly - Update your video card to the latest drivers offered by the manufacturer.

Secondly - Go to the Control Panel, and follow these steps:

1. System Icon
2. Advanced Tab
3. Startup and Recovery -> Settings
4. Enable Write an Event to the system log
5. Disable Automatically Restart
6. Select the following debugging information:
* Small memory dump (64 Kb)
* Small Dump Directory : %SystemRoot%\Minidump
7. Confirm all and restart the computer.

After that, you will find the Minidump files (they created after computer crash / BSOD) in the system folder. Please Zip/Rar these files and upload them to your next post.

These files can help us (not always) to determine what was the cause for the crash / BSOD.

Solution

boogle1

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
ok
so i have a bunch of text files that look like this
Log: Log file open, 11/18/09 19:05:32
Log: Virtual memory allocation size: 0.00 MByte (0 Bytes)
Log: Physical memory allocation size: 0.00 MByte (0 Bytes)
Log: WillowPatchHelper::FixupStartupPackages() - InitialDuration successfully set for gd_Skills2_Lilith.Action.PhaseWalk_meleeCancel which should fix the PhaseStrike bug!
Log: WillowPatchHelper::FixupStartupPackages() - InitialDuration successfully set for gd_Skills2_Lilith.Action.PhaseWalk_meleeCancel which should fix the PhaseStrike bug!
Log: PrepareMapChange is saving off level arid_p to be loaded after transition to FakeEntry.
Log: PrepareMapChange is saving off level arid_env to be loaded after transition to FakeEntry.
Log: PrepareMapChange is saving off level Arid_Firestone to be loaded after transition to FakeEntry.
Log: PrepareMapChange is saving off level Arid_Audio to be loaded after transition to FakeEntry.
Log: PrepareMapChange is saving off level Arid_BusStop to be loaded after transition to FakeEntry.
Log: PrepareMapChange is saving off level Arid_Mineshaft_Entrance to be loaded after transition to FakeEntry.
Log: PrepareMapChange is saving off level arid_turbinestation to be loaded after transition to FakeEntry.
Log: PrepareMapChange is saving off level arid_tunnel to be loaded after transition to FakeEntry.
Log: PrepareMapChange is saving off level Arid_Farmstead to be loaded after transition to FakeEntry.
Log: PrepareMapChange is saving off level Arid_Light to be loaded after transition to FakeEntry.
Log: PrepareMapChange is saving off level Arid_p_spawnbox to be loaded after transition to FakeEntry.
Log: Closing by request
Log: Log file closed, 11/18/09 19:15:24

Status
Not open for further replies.