BANDWAGON

Looks like the Inq jumped onto the Intel bandwagon referencing the Anand review...
<A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22432" target="_new">http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22432</A>
Failed to even mention that it was a dual core review, but the AMD was not DC. Or that the review was unrealistic in open apps and real-world utilization...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Anandtech provides us with a Part II performance preview of Intel's <b>dual core performance</b>
Hmm, failed to mention what?

Anyway, AMD will have their own dual core soon enough. And yes, hopping back and forth between the brands is good for page hits on a news site.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Should've been a little clearer - they failed to mention that the AMD that was "trounced" was not a dual core.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Oh, well when you said DC I assumed Dual Channel, I was like "WTF, oh well". AMD doesn't have a Dual Core out yet, Anandtech was previewing a future processor against an existing one, hence the title "preview of Intel's...".

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Should be interesting to see how they compare when both hit the streets. I've gotten to the point that I take all the reviews I read with a grain of salt. I've been trying to get on Sysopt for the past couple of days and haven't been able to access the site? Do you know if the site is down?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
No problems with Sysopt on my end!

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
I signed on with no problem, try this.
<A HREF="http://www.sysopt.com/" target="_new">http://www.sysopt.com/</A>

Intel P4 550(3.4)<font color=red>@4.2 posted 4.8</font color=red>
ASUS P5AD2-E-Prem
Ballistix PC2 5300@<font color=red>DDR2 780</font color=red>
ATI Radeon X800XL <font color=red>459/609</font color=red>
TT 680W PSU

I can get on - cleared up cookies, histroy and internet files and I'm back in business. Thanks!

One of the weird things is that I could get onto the forum area, but not to any other part of the site...

jammydodger

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2001
I thought it was a little unjustified for theinquirer to say that the AMD CPU was "trounced". They are comparing two completly different types of CPU! If they were comparing AMD's dual core offerring with Intels then it would be ok.

...Just out of interest why did you change your name from "Rugger" to "rugger"?

Ooops, I had to log back on and didn't capitalize the R.

Caps now.

You made the point I was trying to make in this thread with your post. I think that the entering argument for the article was that the single core would outperform the dual in gaming apps and that's why they failed to do those benchies. In the benchmarks that were accomplished, a dual core <i>should</i> have won.

<font color=red>You're a boil on the arse of progress - don't make me squeeze you!</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Rugger on 04/11/05 06:54 AM.</EM></FONT></P>