Batch file to clear the event viewer file

Is there a way to make a batch file to clear the event
viewer each monday at 18:00.
Now I use dumpel to log all the event that I want.

Thanx a lot!

"Patrick Bonneau" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<372e01c4295b$177eb880$a101280a@phx.gbl>...
> Is there a way to make a batch file to clear the event
> viewer each monday at 18:00.
> Now I use dumpel to log all the event that I want.

Here is a VBScript file that can be run using the scheduler:

------
strComputer = "."
Set oWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
& "{impersonationLevel=impersonate,(Security)}!\\" & _
strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set cLogFiles = oWMIService.ExecQuery _
("SELECT * FROM Win32_NTEventLogFile")
For Each oLogfile in cLogFiles
oLogFile.ClearEventLog()
Next

--
Matt Hickman
congratulations and welcome to the the ranks of free men.