Batmobile Help Needed, Please!

Hi, All:

gamespot.com seems to be the only website actually carrying Eric
Arroyo's Batmobile for NSF III: HS, yet when I unzip the file his
readme.doc refers to some .qfs file which isn't there with the
package! All that has is the car.viv file....

Does anyone know where I can get the Batmobile, please??

TIA!

> gamespot.com seems to be the only website actually carrying Eric
> Arroyo's Batmobile for NSF III: HS, yet when I unzip the file his
> readme.doc refers to some .qfs file which isn't there with the
> package! All that has is the car.viv file....

The qfs file is for the showroom, you won't need it to use the
car.

"Jeff Reid" <noone@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<WzkQc.1649$xk.1125@fed1read01>...
> > gamespot.com seems to be the only website actually carrying Eric
> > Arroyo's Batmobile for NSF III: HS, yet when I unzip the file his
> > readme.doc refers to some .qfs file which isn't there with the
> > package! All that has is the car.viv file....
>
> The qfs file is for the showroom, you won't need it to use the
> car.

Thanks!

But, I *do* have the car.viv file placed, as per the readme.doc, in
the correct sub-folder, but there's no Batmobile in the game! It's
supposed to be there along with all the other cars, right?

> But, I *do* have the car.viv file placed, as per the readme.doc, in
> the correct sub-folder, but there's no Batmobile in the game! It's
> supposed to be there along with all the other cars, right?

Check the serial number to make sure there's no conflict.

"Jeff Reid" <noone@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<qSUQc.2459$xk.1252@fed1read01>...
> > But, I *do* have the car.viv file placed, as per the readme.doc, in
> > the correct sub-folder, but there's no Batmobile in the game! It's
> > supposed to be there along with all the other cars, right?
>
> Check the serial number to make sure there's no conflict.

Hi, thanks for the tip -- but what serial number?? A conflict between
what??

I should explain that I'm coming to this title through one of those
"free software" offers...in other words, very late and very lost!

"Jeff Reid" <noone@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<qSUQc.2459$xk.1252@fed1read01>...
> > But, I *do* have the car.viv file placed, as per the readme.doc, in
> > the correct sub-folder, but there's no Batmobile in the game! It's
> > supposed to be there along with all the other cars, right?
>
> Check the serial number to make sure there's no conflict.

Hi, thanks for the tip -- but, what serial number?? A conflict
between what??

I should probably explain that I'm coming to this game through one of

jack_foreigner@yahoo.com (Left Hand of Empire) wrote in message news:<1e1aa574.0408062154.3369a102@posting.google.com>...
> "Jeff Reid" <noone@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<qSUQc.2459$xk.1252@fed1read01>...
> > > But, I *do* have the car.viv file placed, as per the readme.doc, in
> > > the correct sub-folder, but there's no Batmobile in the game! It's
> > > supposed to be there along with all the other cars, right?
> >
> > Check the serial number to make sure there's no conflict.
>

> Hi, thanks for the tip -- but, what serial number?? A conflict
> between what??
>
> I should probably explain that I'm coming to this game through one of
> those "free software" offers...in other words, very late and very
> lost!

Oh, one more thing (and sorry for the double post there), please: I
see the Batmobile now, but it's only available when playing "Hot
Pursuit," it's not available for "Tournament" or any other kind of
racing in the game -- why is that?? It's listed as "Pursuit
Batmobile" and the reason I didn't see it before was that it was
grayed-out in all the lists except when in "Hot Pursuit" mode....

Thanks again!

> Oh, one more thing (and sorry for the double post there), please: I
> see the Batmobile now, but it's only available when playing "Hot
> Pursuit," it's not available for "Tournament" or any other kind of
> racing in the game -- why is that?? It's listed as "Pursuit
> Batmobile" and the reason I didn't see it before was that it was
> grayed-out in all the lists except when in "Hot Pursuit" mode....

You'll need to download NFS Wizard. I'm not sure of the URL, so do
a web search for this. NFS Wizard will let you change the Hot Pursuit
mode option for the car.

> why is it that there are no cops and such in Hot Pursuit when the
> Batmobile is used??

I'm not sure on this one, I've never tried a downloaded pursuit car.

> One last thing: what's a good force-feedback wheel and pedal set for
> use with this game?

For NFS4 - High Stakes, the game pad players with instant steering get
the fastest lap times. I use twin joysticks myself, a bizarre setup
unless you do radio control aircraft. A few players use a wheel and
pedals, but I've never really tried it.

Check out the forums at http://www.needforbetterspeed.net, this is the
main forum for NFS High Stakes.