Question Battery problem with my Lenovo Legion 5

Oct 20, 2024
Hi, the laptop I have loses around 20 - 25 % of its battery while turned off, as in shutdown, overnight. I've no idea why this is happening since it started happening only recently, before that this problem never happened. Can someone please help me understand? I don't know if it needs a battery replacement or what. The battery health is showing as "good" in my Lenovo app. When turned on, the laptop drains its battery like normal, when I'm not charging it. So, it doesn't seem as if there's anything wrong with the laptop's battery's capacity.

Oct 20, 2024
How old is this battery? If it's 2-3 years old then it is most definitely showing signs of old age and is in need of replacement. Batteries do not last forever. And when replacing the battery do not go cheap and use some unknown generic replacement, only use OEM.
I don't know if that's the reason. It is three years old but very well maintained, I would say at least. I mean, it gives the around same battery time as it did when I first bought it.

Oct 20, 2024
How old is this battery? If it's 2-3 years old then it is most definitely showing signs of old age and is in need of replacement. Batteries do not last forever. And when replacing the battery do not go cheap and use some unknown generic replacement, only use OEM.
It's just that when it's turned off it gives a worse battery life, even though I don't have any periphery devices that drain the battery, since they didn't drain the battery before. The thing is, this battery drainage thing basically happened overnight, it never happened before, could it be some virus or is there some defect in the hardware?

I don't know if that's the reason. It is three years old but very well maintained, I would say at least. I mean, it gives the around same battery time as it did when I first bought it.
Yes, that is the reason. Batteries begin the aging process the moment they are manufactured. Yours may well have been a year old (or older) before you even purchased the laptop that contained it.

It's just that when it's turned off it gives a worse battery life, even though I don't have any periphery devices that drain the battery, since they didn't drain the battery before. The thing is, this battery drainage thing basically happened overnight, it never happened before, could it be some virus or is there some defect in the hardware?
Internal leakage only gets worse with age. This is how things work.

TRENDING THREADS