Battlefield 3 Beta Hacked, Accounts May Be Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floydage

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
Yea... It just keeps getting worse. I first decided to wait till after release in hopes it would come back on Steam. Now I'm not even sure I will buy it at all.

bear jr

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Like many others I will not be buying this game, EA has alot to destroy my faith in them.

Vote with your money people.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
[citation][nom]cats_paw[/nom]If you get banned you lose other games as well, i guess they keep giving people reasons "not to buy" games, but download them.[/citation]

Damn right. I'll just mail a check to dice and put in the Memo: "Next time use steam for distributions, DRM."

tlg

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
SERIOUSLY EA? I will get banned for playing in unofficial servers while I have loaded and logged in through the official servers? And I will also not be able to log onto any other EA games I have???

HOW ABOUT i just download your games from thepiratebay and you dont get my money never ever again?

G

For real, you guys are going to boycott the game because it won't be on Steam? EA wants to use Steam, but Valve has a set of strict guidelines that inhibit EA's ability to patch their games through Steam. It's not EA's fault Steam is a less than satisfactory choice for Battlefield 3.

G

i think this is happening because it's still in beta.. once the game is out everything should be back to normal (bf:bc 2 style)

bloodlover

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
So let me get this straight : the game has a problem with hackers and instead of fixing it, EA will ban the actual legitimate players.

Yeah... makes total sense and EA proves once again how they can destroy a series and a fan base with their crap (see the bs with DA2).

Maximus_Delta

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
bf3 is turing in a pain in the you know what, first i can't create a solider so have to use my account name which I never intended to be a solider name and now this... EA trying to be too clever and getting all the basics wrong. I don't even want this web based battlelog. Give me an application based server browser as per BFBC2, at least then some of the game can preload and its not so damn clunky.

G

as much as what battlefield looks enticing, origin looks ever more fail then steam. for me the best game manager is ncsoft... that is all i want, screw all the other crap.

i was a hectic CSS player for 2 years, so dont give me that BS about not giving steam a chance, it had a chance and got worse by the updates. steam is just as buggy and unreliable as what the BF3 beta is.

but yea giving all that i stil think steam is slightly beter, and i do hope origin and ea gets the wakeup call.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Don't get me wrong, but is that a typo or is that realistic.. 128 gamer's... I mean seriously i hate that i can only play with about 26 in just randomly clicking on "Quick Match" and well server always seems to have around 22-26 players only. If the game can withstand 128 players, i only hope they release the developer tools so a better MOD/Game can be made because 64 is great, but 128 that is just freaken awesome =D EA/Dice get your act together.

G

how can a company make you sign an agreement that tells you you cant sue them? yes they dont make you, but they do have awesome exclusive content, and the only other way of getting the content is piracy, but then they sue you...

so WTF how can a company be allowed to do this and then ban all peoples games.
i stil think people are stil gona force a law suit onto this, cause what EA is doing now is just stealing. people payed for the game, tested the game, and got banned before they actualy got the game. so they never recieved what they paid for they propably wont be allowed a refund aswell. so WTF now please someone answer me on this WTF now.

and if a big head at EA reads this, i hope you contact me so i can show you how to run a company in the public AND the companies favor.

look at minecraft, torchlight, grim dawn. these games have alot of public support, and understanding going on. its not hard, your just not trying

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]bloodlover[/nom]So let me get this straight : the game has a problem with hackers and instead of fixing it, EA will ban the actual legitimate players. Yeah... makes total sense and EA proves once again how they can destroy a series and a fan base with their crap (see the bs with DA2).[/citation]

IDK aboot DA2 (still didn't play it, playing Origins now and planning for Awakening and Witch Hunt after before I even touch DA2), but these measures are surely BS. If I bought the game, it's NONE of EA's business which servers I play it on, because I PAID.

That said, I welcome this hack - I don't want to be limited to "official servers". Custom servers often have insane fun stuff...

Steam recently had a bunch of (EA) Need for Speed games on sale the other week. Some good ones were down to $5 or less. I didn't buy a single one. From crap like this to needing to sign up for an EA account to them not able to get Sims 3 running on my wifes computer. I don't care about EA, hope they fold. I totally agree. Vote with your wallet, there are other games out there.

mcvf

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
This is outraging. Banning account with all legally purchased games because you have clicked on a server from the server list in the game? This should never be legal!

gh0st

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
Sick of EA...no money from me you fools!
Take your practices and tactics and stick them in your origin!
Thanks for taking away the one pc game I was really looking forward to this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.