Battlefield 3 Confirmed, Not Dated

Status
Not open for further replies.

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
Oh man I will be looking forward to this, drm infested or not, my boycot will hold true to ANY other game (unless it doesn't live up to my expectations of course)
Also can't wait to see some screenies :)

LiteBulb

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
Best news I've heard all year! This is EPIC. Hopefully, Dice can pull it off again. I'm not a fan of the console Battlefields, but BF2 on PC was awesome. Most fun I've had playing a PC game.

Please Dice, no Frostbite engine for BF3. Leave that for the consoles, please.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I'm looking forward to this.

BF2 was a awesome game. I lost the serial for online play however. This mixed with a repartition. :'(

BF2 may be a fun online game, but it's still missing features that I want.

For example...
I want a real all out war.
2+ factions to choose from for your online account.
Epic battles consisting of 200+ players.
Complete ranking system involving generals, liuetenatants, squad commanders, etc.
Somewhat squad based front line combat. Say, 3-24 people per squad, each with 1-2 commands, with mixed roles (not required, but say, squad 1 has a medic, sniper, 3 anti tanks, and commander with a heavy machine gun. Squad 2 has a tank, 2 heavy machine gunners, a medic, engineer, trapper, jeep, and commander with light weaponry. Squad 3 is just a group of say, 3 fighter jets and 1 bomber. Squad 4 is 11 basic infrantry and two commanders). 1 commander in a tank to control squad 1-5, another in a jeep to control squads 6-10, one in another jeep to control squads 11-15, a commander to control the artilery, and a general to control those 4 men from a fortified bunker.

All. Out. War.
My ultimate idea of a wargame. Battlefield has the potential, and I honestly don't believe it'd be hard to integrate all that (though one hell of a server would be required for 200+ players).

;)

computabug

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
Sweet! I was getting bored of all the futuristic-ness of 2142. Well maybe not 'bored', but it didn't really feel... engaging? (can't find the right word lol). So much more fun if we could associate it with modern day life :) Now we've gotta wait for Modern Warfare 2 lol.

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]I honestly don't believe it'd be hard to integrate all that (though one hell of a server would be required for 200+ players).[/citation]
Which is why you aren't a game developer.

Right now that is impossible. And it will be for several years

EasyC

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]I'm looking forward to this.BF2 was a awesome game. I lost the serial for online play however. This mixed with a repartition. BF2 may be a fun online game, but it's still missing features that I want.For example...I want a real all out war.2+ factions to choose from for your online account.Epic battles consisting of 200+ players.Complete ranking system involving generals, liuetenatants, squad commanders, etc.Somewhat squad based front line combat. Say, 3-24 people per squad, each with 1-2 commands, with mixed roles (not required, but say, squad 1 has a medic, sniper, 3 anti tanks, and commander with a heavy machine gun. Squad 2 has a tank, 2 heavy machine gunners, a medic, engineer, trapper, jeep, and commander with light weaponry. Squad 3 is just a group of say, 3 fighter jets and 1 bomber. Squad 4 is 11 basic infrantry and two commanders). 1 commander in a tank to control squad 1-5, another in a jeep to control squads 6-10, one in another jeep to control squads 11-15, a commander to control the artilery, and a general to control those 4 men from a fortified bunker.All. Out. War.My ultimate idea of a wargame. Battlefield has the potential, and I honestly don't believe it'd be hard to integrate all that (though one hell of a server would be required for 200+ players).[/citation]

Go play Arma then. (great game, I'm not knocking it).

Personally, I hope they keep BF3 as "Arcadey" and unrealistic as possible.

indigoataxia

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2008
Battlefield 1943: Pacific is also due out this summer. Its a download only, multiplayer only pc game similiar to HF2: Portal. Its kinda like an update to 1942, having Wake Island, Guadalcanal and Iwo Jima.

GAZZOO

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2006
BF2 was an fantastic game I was looking forward to the next one BF3 but I see it will have the rubber stamp from EA ( securom DRM ) on it so I gues it will rubber stanped by me as ( Boycot )
Gazz

[citation][nom]nuclearshadow[/nom]This is great news and a max of 80 players sounds awesome.[/citation]

BF2 you can mod it to what, 128 players? In co-op too! but it manages to lag most machines out big time (havnt tried it with a dedicated server yet)

oh and im not badmouthing the Battlefield series - one of my favourites - it was just a lot of headaches getting my 3 player lan setup and actually working correctly, compared to say, the Unreal Tournament series :)

G

Awesome news. I can't wait to see what the graphics look like. This is exciting news.

bunz_of_steel

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
I play BF2 ALOT!!!. But whoever coded BF2 (Dice or whoeva) U are a punk. BF2 constantly locks up and reboots servers online all the time. Ask ANY BF2 guy in the game. I only play on ranked servers that are beefed up with all the bandwidth it needs. T1/DS3.. WHATEVA. Server code is so stupid and buggy, game will reboot/crash server. Ask any player in game who's an admin they will tell ya..... EA U suk the big one and your BF2 game is fabulous play UR CODE SUKS AND YOU DON'T PATCH JACK RIGHT AND CAN'T FIX YOUR KRAP.

AdamB5000

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
Cool.

Please include bots for offline play! Sometimes it's fun to just horse around or my bro and I can play 2 human + 8 bots vs. 30 bots.

thearm

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
God I hope they go back to the ole days of Battlefield 1942 when you can get into a sub or a aircraft carrier and just drive it around. Battlefield 2 sucks compaired to 1942 IMO.

jalt

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2009
[citation][nom]Bunz_of_Steel[/nom]I play BF2 ALOT!!!. But whoever coded BF2 (Dice or whoeva) U are a punk. BF2 constantly locks up and reboots servers online all the time. Ask ANY BF2 guy in the game. [/citation]

I call BS. I play just about every night, and almost never see server crashes anymore. Only time it crashes are when idiots try to command hack. It's an awesome game that gives as good a balance between vehicle fighting and infantry as any out there. BF1943 is coming in Sept, and will add destroyable terrain, ala Crysis. Not sure what that will do for the gameplay, but I'm dying to try it.

bunz_of_steel

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
BS my butt, I call double BS! I know guys are always tryn to hacks and maybe thats why it's crashs. I admit it has gotten better but still crashes. Like you said ".....anymore." They also need to code the game so one install will work under multiple profiles. Don't know if thats screwrom thingy or not. What server u playin on if every night?

areteoftrade

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
Hacks are a reason consoles gained favor, for sure. The console version of BF is AWESOME! I don't want to look how many hours I have logged, days even. Great product. Very good uptime on xbox live servers. Not every call of duty lover likes this series but a true FPS gamer like myself loves BF. If there was a way to compete I would be rich. JK Go Dice

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS