Battlefield 4 Beta Confirmed for Fall 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilgamex

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
[citation][nom]Markon101[/nom]Any PC game that is on Origin (and more importantly, not on steam) is dead to me..........[/citation]

Sheez take a chill pill man, don't get too wrapped up in the company to the point you might miss a great gaming experience

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
At least they arent rushing the hell out of the next series release. bf3 came out fall 2011, sequel beta comes out 2 years later. anyone comparing the release date of this beta to the release cycle of CoD is just thinking out their ass. However I wouldve preferred a new BF2142 sequel.

G

[citation][nom]gilgamex[/nom]Sheez take a chill pill man, don't get too wrapped up in the company to the point you might miss a great gaming experience[/citation]

It is called sticking to your values!

furylicious

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Not sure what all the rage is about, I like steam far more than that pos known as Origin, but if they got good deals, then I'm up for it. And 2 years before a beta for another battlefield game doesn't bother me much, I just would have preferred Bad Company 3.

Point being, at least it's not like Activision's CoD where they just spit out garbage year after year. 2 years to 2.5 years before a release of another game, what's all the anger about?

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
BF3 is a great game. Anyone who doesn't buy it just because of EA is a huge loser lol.

Steam is great and all, but origin works just as good (Buy game -> download -> play). Even if it was on steam, you'd still have to use battlelog to find servers and such.

Just don't get all the hate. Battlefield is a great game, one of the few great PC games franchises. Not supporting the BF series is about as lame as buying an Xbox.

G

A new entry in the series once every 2.5-3 years is not too fast..

TheGuardian

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
Chill people, if you look at the release schedule for the BF series new BF games have been released almost every year on average, with only 3 years between BF1942 and BF2. With the extra year taken to build the BF2 Refractor 2 Engine. It took about 3 years to build BF3 as well. They only need to improve on the Frostbite engine for BF4 - as the engine is so very capable. And hopefully BF4 will have a much smoother start with a more mature engine. In the mean time, we get to enjoy new maps/mods/guns...etc every couple of months, keeping the game feeling extremely fresh. To match the release cycle of COD we'd have BF4 in FOUR months, not SIXTEEN.

[citation][nom]airborne11b[/nom]BF3 is a great game. Anyone who doesn't buy it just because of EA is a huge loser lol.Steam is great and all, but origin works just as good (Buy game -> download -> play). Even if it was on steam, you'd still have to use battlelog to find servers and such.Just don't get all the hate. Battlefield is a great game, one of the few great PC games franchises. Not supporting the BF series is about as lame as buying an Xbox.[/citation]

The point is that consumers' wallets drive choice. If you don't like something, don't financially support the company - as long as a company makes money, they'll keep doing what they want to do, not what you want them to. For those who aren't buying something because they don't believe in the company - kudos to you.

Sometimes I wish I could give money straight to the devs. I love BF3, the DICE engine, etc, but I hate the way EA manages publishing these games; I want to give all of my money to DICE and the other devs behind the scene.

Iluv2raceit

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
I hope to God that EA finally makes a game that doesn't involve having dozens of hackers/cheaters in every server. And EA - GET RID OF PUNKBUSTER - they are a complete joke and they are completely ineffective against hackers. Find a real anti-cheat system. How about incorporating an anti-cheat system similar to what Blizzard is using for Diablo III? NUFF SAID!

bigpoppastuke

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
Relax guys. It's beta. It's not being released a year after. I'm betting they are shooting for a 2 year release cycle. If this we're an open beta I'd be a little more worried.

TGT-Gaming

Honorable
May 25, 2012
[citation][nom]airborne11b[/nom]BF3 is a great game. Anyone who doesn't buy it just because of EA is a huge loser lol.Steam is great and all, but origin works just as good (Buy game -> download -> play). Even if it was on steam, you'd still have to use battlelog to find servers and such.Just don't get all the hate. Battlefield is a great game, one of the few great PC games franchises. Not supporting the BF series is about as lame as buying an Xbox.[/citation]

People hate what they see that is better than their's, and the CoD fanboys are clearly jealous of Battlefield cause it beats their crappy shooter in every way. And watch me get a ton of thumbs down for this, I won't give a crap.

Serejai

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
[citation][nom]Iluv2raceit[/nom]I hope to God that EA finally makes a game that doesn't involve having dozens of hackers/cheaters in every server. And EA - GET RID OF PUNKBUSTER - they are a complete joke and they are completely ineffective against hackers. Find a real anti-cheat system. How about incorporating an anti-cheat system similar to what Blizzard is using for Diablo III? NUFF SAID![/citation]

You mean how Diablo III is infected with bots and maphack, Starcraft II is infected with maphack, drophack, and a dozen others, and how World of Warcraft is infected with dupes, bots, teleport hacks, and speed hacks?

Won't even mention older titles like Diablo II and Brood War. Blizzard games have a track record for being full of hackers. I sure hope your comment is a troll. All anti-hack measures are pretty much equally useless. Don't be a fanboy.

TGT_Gaming

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
[citation][nom]Serejai[/nom]You mean how Diablo III is infected with bots and maphack, Starcraft II is infected with maphack, drophack, and a dozen others, and how World of Warcraft is infected with dupes, bots, teleport hacks, and speed hacks?Won't even mention older titles like Diablo II and Brood War. Blizzard games have a track record for being full of hackers. I sure hope your comment is a troll. All anti-hack measures are pretty much equally useless. Don't be a fanboy.[/citation]

The problem is, if you hack on Blizzard's games you actually get banned. On Battlefield 3, there are hackers roaming free and enjoy ruining the fun for everyone else without any action being taken on them cause DICE doesn't give a damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.