Battlefield 4 Beta Performance: 16 Graphics Cards, Benchmarked

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robocomp1

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
My budget is $250. GTX 660 FTW 3gig, GTX 760 Superclocked 2 gig. Which would you choose? I have an I5 K processor and Ultrasharp monitor at 1920x1200 resolution. Let the debate BEGIN!!

logainofhades

Titan

Of those two, the GTX 760. I would probably hunt around a bit for a 7950 deal. They have been selling for around $200 at some places and come with 3-4 games on top of it.

Nope. It hasn't even been released yet. Just plain old optimization.

ShouldntHave

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
plz add to FAQ: "Why do u say ~30fps is 'acceptable' framerate?"

Cuz it's not. I'm not even trying to be snobbish here. 30FPS is bottom of the barrel and if u play any mainstream BF game with those kind of frames, you're going to have a bad time. You are going to be taken advantage of in ways whose existence you are not even aware of.

Been playing BF3 at around 60FPS for a couple years. I view this as a minimum acceptable framerate, but still was relatively content with it, as my display refresh was at 60Hz. Had a moderately good time, but always confused about why my elite skills (no rly) don't seem to translate from other shooters. Always assumed it was DICE's janky netcode (and I'm still not saying it's not!), ridiculous gun "balance", etc. Recently been overclocking GPU and got a new higher-refresh display, and what a different it makes now that my average FPS is more like 80-90. Lethality has gone up accordingly.

Low FPS is hurting you more than you think, and without experiencing the difference for yourself, there is no way to even be aware of all the subtle ways in which it undermines gameplay. Even for someone who is familiar with the difference between 30/60/120/etc. FPS, there isn't really any way, conscious or unconscious, to compensate for low framerate.

And briefly: framerate awareness and striving for framerate excellence is about more than individual satisfaction. A happier playerbase is a healthier playerbase, and we all benefit from that.

Gloomfrost

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
Man, this is terrible news! What about us folks who are on 120hz 1440p QHD panels? :(
It's almost like unless we spend $1500+ on just graphics processors alone, we can't run anything close to a consistent 120fps (or 3D (not that I use it)). Come on Nvidia and ATI, step up your game, OR, c'mon game devs, optimize your engines! Granted this is a beta with no official video driver support yet, but seriously, my $400 year old 670 SHOULD be enough for a consistent 60FPS. I miss the good old days...

Crossfire has issues and it lags....thats why i get ONE strong Radeon GPU like the Sapphire Toxic R9 280x which JUST released.

Ricardo Zamudio

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013

well thats really an issue because I really spent all my money hoping to get this game in ultra but it stills lags me :( damn i think I will have to buy a new one and sell these..

Whats your budget? I say one Sapphire Toxic R9 280x is great and it is BF4 ready. If you have a higher budget, wait and see how the R9 290x will preform once its released. Always get 1 beast gpu...better than crossfire and SLI!

Whats your budget? I say one Sapphire Toxic R9 280x is great and it is BF4 ready. If you have a higher budget, wait and see how the R9 290x will preform once its released. Always get 1 beast gpu...better than crossfire and SLI!

760 thats not even a debate

joshipip

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
i have a
650ti boost
8GB ram
a8-5600k
Meduim - High settings im getting 30-40 Fps. My rig cost around $700 so dont worry the game will run smooth with a 7990!!! with a i7....

Status
Not open for further replies.