Battlefield 4 - stuck on the dam, please help

leeb2013

Honorable
hi,

I'm playing the campaign on BF4 and come to a bit where I'm completely stuck. I'm on the dam, after laying the explosives and making my way across the scaffolding at the 33:00 point in this walkthrough;

http://au.ign.com/wikis/battlefield-4/Tashgar

I have to jump from the scaffolding to the ladder. I've tried it 7 times, but every time I fail to grab the ladder and fall to my death. The annoying thing is, it takes me right back to the start again inside the dam! The walkthrough just shows the guy jumping to the ladder and grabbing on. But I can find no way to grab the ladder, I've even tried stowing my gun, just holding my knife, but still fall to me death!

Can anyone help please. It's so annoying, it's no like I'm struggling to kill all the badies, just stuck on a simple jump!

cheers

Solution
Same thing has happened to me in Battlefield 3. The only way to fix it is by restarting the mission, or by checking a YouTube walkthrough to see if you're doing it right ;)

Mopkap

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
Same thing has happened to me in Battlefield 3. The only way to fix it is by restarting the mission, or by checking a YouTube walkthrough to see if you're doing it right ;)

Solution

AdioKIP

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
I had the same issue, but after about a half dozen tries I finally grabbed the ladder. Keep trying, try looking upwards slightly, aim for right at the midle of the ladder and be sure to be pressing forward (w) when you hit the ladder.

Alpha-Black

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013

I was having the same problem and one more was flashing colors allover the screen.
its actually a bug in Nvida drivers 331.23 whql
just download graphic card driver 331.65 whql and do a clean install and then everytime you can be able to grab anything LOL

Mopkap

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013

Haha nice man, glad you figured it out! Any other questions or am I done here? :p

leeb2013

Honorable
thanks guys, I gave it a couple more tries, sprinting, jumping, pressing W when hitting the ladder, still no luck, just plunged to my death.

I've restarted the mission, but it'll take me a while to get back to that point again. It really is annoying to play the campaign for many hours then get stuck on something like this.

I even tried the beta 8 drivers, but they made no difference. Apart from blowing up the building in the multiplayer; the game would always crash just as it collapsed. With the new driver, it no longer crashes.

Pretty bad really, I wouldn't say my I5-3570k and 7950 crossfire is an unusual setup, it makes me wonder how much was tested before releasing this game.

ReplayJay

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
Hi I might be in the wrong place as I'm a ps3 user but I got slightly further than you. Not much though, I jumped to the ladder then I had to trigger the c4. The indicator said use the left directional button. No c4 trigger. Ever. What the?

R3dBaron5

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013

Hi Lee, I tried restarting the mission and the same thing, Amy suggestions?

R3dBaron5

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013

"E"? I playing the game on Xbox 360! Thanks anyhow

Rudekaiser

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
when you go to a weapons crate or a door how do you open it on the x-box? Maby if you press this button as you jump it may work. This is how it is on the pc sorry if this don't help.

also for the future tell what platform your using as all suggestions so far are for the pc :p

Zolbat

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013

I had the same problem, fell to death about 7 times. Then I switched weapons right before the jump and somehow it worked. I don't know if it will work for you, because, to be honest, it doesn't sound very likely to be the problem, but for me it worked.

KISSFAN

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013

I DID IT !. I fell for two nights and kept checking here for answers. Honestly, I had over 200 attempts and it drove me nuts over two nights . I'm Using an Xbox360 not PC !.
I had to wait until they said "Jump Recker blah blah ". Then , stand well back and aim at the ladder with your gun ( I tried everything and the knife didn't work ). Aim at the ladder and Sprint pushing down on the toggle and click A to jump. Recker automatically catches hold of the ladder. In the end I don't know why I had the rags before, it was simple . My eyes popped out of my head. Then climb and be fast to take down a few snipers and flick the Explosive Charge and destroy the dam. This will help X Boxers and put them out of their misery .

Yomper12

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013

Collect the weapons on way to jump and line yourself for a straight run and sprint forward keeping a straight line and at the right TIme press jump once only worked for me in hard mode,good luck

leeb2013

Honorable

I tried that at the time, but didn't work. I've not gone back to it since, just been playing the multiplayer game and dealing with its crashes and bugs instead. Seriously, this is one screwed up game, I don't know how they have the cheek to release it.

percevallll

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
There are no 100 way, just go straight jump and hit w w w w w w w w w till he grap the leader.
Unfortunately after that the game is almost over.
Again face straight to leader run (Lshift+w) then jum (space) and w that's it.

tor702

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013
After reading previous posts it encouraged me to keep trying. I ran looking down to make sure I was at the end if the scaffolding when I jumped. Grabbed the ladder automatically. Glad I didn't start my game (left on over night), thanks for the previous post that let me know this. I'm playing Xbox version.

The Hawk

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
The solution is very simple. You have to start from the back of the platform and run the entire distance, then jump. Once you do this it will work, otherwise it will not no matter what you do.

My guess is the game designer figured you would naturally do this once you failed the first time. However, the game makes it look like you did jump far enough... just that you simply didn't grab on to the later.

darrenc182

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
I had the same problem and tried it about 20 times over a few days and the solution that worked for me was to just look up before getting to the ladder. It seems to trigger climbing up which, I guess, stops the player from falling. Someone else mentioned it above and I just wanted to give a thumbs up to them down here.