Battlefiled 2 how to even start it ???

It wont start just pretends to load and back to desktop :(

It Says it needs a Vidcard with 256megs is that True. If so my 6600 Gt
only has 128 megs.

Anyway i have Brton 2500 Mobile running at 2.5 ghz, 1 gig of pc3200
and Audigy 2 ZS. So i would think my system is good enough.

It says it should install the 77.30 Nivida Graphics drivers. But maybe
i did not install them ???

Ill try a reinstall.

Thanks.

ANY HELP i downloaded this demo to play the demo :0

Thanks again.

Andrew

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 02:00:36 +1000, Jill haoulder <43434.com.au>
wrote:

>It wont start just pretends to load and back to desktop :(

See my message in the "Battlefield 2 Demo Released" thread.

>It Says it needs a Vidcard with 256megs is that True. If so my 6600 Gt
>only has 128 megs.

My 128MB 6600GT works with it just fine (now).

>It says it should install the 77.30 Nivida Graphics drivers. But maybe
>i did not install them ???

Did you tell it to when it asked?

Jill haoulder <43434.com.au> once tried to test me with:

> It wont start just pretends to load and back to desktop :(
>
> It Says it needs a Vidcard with 256megs is that True. If so my 6600 Gt
> only has 128 megs.

The demo works fine on my 128 MB Radeon 9800 pro. P4 3.2ghz, 1mb RAM.

> Anyway i have Brton 2500 Mobile running at 2.5 ghz, 1 gig of pc3200
> and Audigy 2 ZS. So i would think my system is good enough.

I would think so. If not they are putting themselves out of the market by
targeting too high a spec.

> It says it should install the 77.30 Nivida Graphics drivers. But maybe
> i did not install them ???

I have no idea about that.

> ANY HELP i downloaded this demo to play the demo :0

I thought maybe you downloaded it to use up your HDD space and bandwith.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

I wasn't expecting much even if I could d/l the demo. My rig is about 4
yrs old (with some upgrades). This afternoon I snagged it in 15 minutes
at a blazing steady 475Kb/sec.Hardly ever d/l at that speed
(Megagames). No registration or preinstallation of site related
software required. Then it loads and plays just fine on my 2400xp,
512Mb ram, 9500np radeon softmodded to a 9700. I bumped settings to
medium from low, and to 1024x768 from 800x600. Still fine. Didn't know
what refresh rate to choose and did 70Hz. Good luck with your problem.

p.s. tried to blow up a land mine near the spawn point with either
bullets or rockets, but no luck.

Andrew

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 02:31:04 +1000, Jill haoulder <43434.com.au>
wrote:

>I just downloaded the 77.30 drivers and installed and still it dont
>work.

What are the symptoms? Did you read my message in the other thread?

Jill haoulder <43434.com.au> once tried to test me with:

> I did get a message at first that d3dx9_25.dll was missing. I
> downloaded the file and put it in the Game dir and Sytem and
> system32 fodlers. never got the message again.
>
> Then a downloaded the redistrabual June Addition from Microsoft.
>
> I get no messages now just seems to load up like a normal game and
> just gos back to desktop :(

What version of Windows are you using?

i'm also having the same problem as the original poster of this thread.
it starts...then goes back to the desktop.
(sigh)............

"Knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Jill haoulder <43434.com.au> once tried to test me with:
>
> > I did get a message at first that d3dx9_25.dll was missing. I
> > downloaded the file and put it in the Game dir and Sytem and
> > system32 fodlers. never got the message again.
> >
> > Then a downloaded the redistrabual June Addition from Microsoft.
> >
> > I get no messages now just seems to load up like a normal game and
> > just gos back to desktop :(
>

> What version of Windows are you using?

i have a 128mb Geforce 4 Ti4600....will Battlefield 2 accept my card?

"Lawrence" <lawrence_lugar@cox.net> wrote in message
> i'm also having the same problem as the original poster of this thread.
> it starts...then goes back to the desktop.
> (sigh)............
>

> "Knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Jill haoulder <43434.com.au> once tried to test me with:
> >
> > > I did get a message at first that d3dx9_25.dll was missing. I
> > > downloaded the file and put it in the Game dir and Sytem and
> > > system32 fodlers. never got the message again.
> > >
> > > Then a downloaded the redistrabual June Addition from Microsoft.
> > >
> > > I get no messages now just seems to load up like a normal game and
> > > just gos back to desktop :(
> >

> > What version of Windows are you using?

Sounds like the problems I had. On my main PC game machine, I have a
3.4GHz P4 Northwood, 1GB RAM, 256MB Geforce 6800GT and WindowsXP Pro
SP1. My native resolution is 1280 by 768 since my game monitor is my
HDTV (played Doom 3, Half Life 2, Far Cry, The Suffering, Second Sight,
Flight Simulator 2004, Unreal Tournament 2004, Unreal 2, Battlefield
1942, Cold Fear and probably about two dozen other games with this
setup with few problems, playing Boiling Point now). Usually, I start
trying PC demos at 1024 by 768 at 75Hz, if they don't support HDTV
resolutions/aspect ratio. I tried all kinds of things with this demo
and it would kind of go into the setup but CTD during the optimization
load. Finally, I went into the Documents and Settings\username\My
Documents\Battlefield 2 folder and there are two directories, Default
and Profile 2 (Profile 1 is the default account). There is a Video.con
file in both (just open it in Wordpad). I found I had to edit both of
them to finally get it to run. I had to finally change the resolution
to 800x600@60Hz, no AA. So far, that is the only one that will work.
Otherwise, not sure about the bad comments about the game graphics.
They are about 3 times better than Battlefield 1942. The single player
is a lot more fun than in BF1942, the bots actually do things that make
sense. They will collaborate to take over flag positions, flanking in
groups, other stuff. They detect you pretty well also. There is a tweak
to up the AI. People have to be crazy or stupid to say this is the same
engine. It runs a lot better although it is somewhat unstable. I was
able to play single player for several hours before a crash. But it
does crash and sometimes is still finicky about starting up. The
expansion packs for BF1942 also started acting this way and it took
manual tweaking to finally get them to run smoothly. They really should
fix this. Will see how the multiplayer goes from here.

Lawrence wrote:
> i have a 128mb Geforce 4 Ti4600....will Battlefield 2 accept my card?

No, Geforce 4 cards are not supported. You need a video card with
PixelShaders 1.4 to run the game.

--
Starks

Tracked it down to a missing file.

D3dx9_24.dll now the game works fine. play at 1024by768 high detail :)
it chugs alittle. But still ok.

On 12 Jun 2005 12:37:23 -0700, "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Sounds like the problems I had. On my main PC game machine, I have a
>3.4GHz P4 Northwood, 1GB RAM, 256MB Geforce 6800GT and WindowsXP Pro
>SP1. My native resolution is 1280 by 768 since my game monitor is my
>HDTV (played Doom 3, Half Life 2, Far Cry, The Suffering, Second Sight,
>Flight Simulator 2004, Unreal Tournament 2004, Unreal 2, Battlefield
>1942, Cold Fear and probably about two dozen other games with this
>setup with few problems, playing Boiling Point now). Usually, I start
>trying PC demos at 1024 by 768 at 75Hz, if they don't support HDTV
>resolutions/aspect ratio. I tried all kinds of things with this demo
>and it would kind of go into the setup but CTD during the optimization
>load. Finally, I went into the Documents and Settings\username\My
>Documents\Battlefield 2 folder and there are two directories, Default
>and Profile 2 (Profile 1 is the default account). There is a Video.con
>file in both (just open it in Wordpad). I found I had to edit both of
>them to finally get it to run. I had to finally change the resolution
>to 800x600@60Hz, no AA. So far, that is the only one that will work.
>Otherwise, not sure about the bad comments about the game graphics.
>They are about 3 times better than Battlefield 1942. The single player
>is a lot more fun than in BF1942, the bots actually do things that make
>sense. They will collaborate to take over flag positions, flanking in
>groups, other stuff. They detect you pretty well also. There is a tweak
>to up the AI. People have to be crazy or stupid to say this is the same
>engine. It runs a lot better although it is somewhat unstable. I was
>able to play single player for several hours before a crash. But it
>does crash and sometimes is still finicky about starting up. The
>expansion packs for BF1942 also started acting this way and it took
>manual tweaking to finally get them to run smoothly. They really should
>fix this. Will see how the multiplayer goes from here.
>
>Jill haoulder wrote:
>> Ive got Xp Pro. I have no idea why it no worky. I installed the 77.30
>> from the game to. I even installed Noton utes 2005 to look for Invalid
>> Active x and stuff thought that might be it.
>>
>> Iam going to try A regcleaner next, you never know.
>>

>> Where did you download the demo. Maybe its a DUD download i got. Url
>> Please :0
>>
>> Thanks anyway.
>>
>> /ps ive got 20 gigs a month of limt. 500 megs is nothing man :p
>>

>> On 11 Jun 2005 20:53:05 GMT, Knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Jill haoulder <43434.com.au> once tried to test me with:

>> >The demo works fine on my 128 MB Radeon 9800 pro. P4 3.2ghz, 1mb RAM.

>> >I would think so. If not they are putting themselves out of the market by
>> >targeting too high a spec.

>> >I have no idea about that.

>> >I thought maybe you downloaded it to use up your HDD space and bandwith.

http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/downloads.jsp

Their home page states 128mb video card required. Check the developers web
site for a FAQ/Forum/Tech Support.

http://global.dice.se/games/battlefield2/