[SOLVED] be quiet dark power pro 11 850w vs corsair rm850i

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

adrifoxbg

Reputable
Jun 16, 2020
In Bulgaria, traders claim that be quiet has classes above the corsair.
I really dug in quite detail, and saw that the corsair has a much higher voltage. Not so much but it costs less and has a 10 year warranty.
be quiet is effective up to 92% corsair 90% gold vs platinum
In the end, what is decisive? Efficiency or power?
Does it be quiet more as a quality and choice, or corsair remains a good choice as a warranty, powerful ?
Thank you

Solution
exactly. my bad experience with cx850m makes me think.
The cxm and Rmi can't be compared. The RMi is so much better. As I mentioned before, the rmi tests better in regards to load regulation, ripple, transient loads, etc. It is by all means the better unit outside of efficiency.

Not to say the be quiet is bad, it's certainly good. Just giving you the info. If the be quiet is more easily serviced in bulgaria then the corsair, and that's what's more important, you have your answer.

Otherwise, my vote is for the corsair.
yes of course .... While waiting for 1 month response from the service, dark pro 11 850w is sold out for the whole country ....
I am very lucky ..... 1000w is expensive 255 euros .....
on which corsair can i bet hxi?
or another power supply at the same level?

What is wrong with the RM850i?

The only difference between the RM850i and HX850i is efficiency. The platform and quality of components used is the same. So how much more is HXi vs. RMi? Because usually the price delta is too great to see an ROI on your power bull any time soon.

HIGHER EFFICIENCY RATING DOES NOT MEAN HIGHER QUALITY!!!

Last edited:

adrifoxbg

Reputable
Jun 16, 2020
What is wrong with the RM850i?

The only difference between the RM850iu and HX850i is efficiency. The platform and quality of components used is the same. So how much more is HXi vs. RMi? Because usually the price delta is too great to see an ROI on your power bull any time soon.

HIGHER EFFICIENCY RATING DOES NOT MEAN HIGHER QUALITY!!!
Yes i know this. ok if i can't find dark pro 11 850, is the corsair rm850i a worthy replacement?

exactly. my bad experience with cx850m makes me think.
The cxm and Rmi can't be compared. The RMi is so much better. As I mentioned before, the rmi tests better in regards to load regulation, ripple, transient loads, etc. It is by all means the better unit outside of efficiency.

Not to say the be quiet is bad, it's certainly good. Just giving you the info. If the be quiet is more easily serviced in bulgaria then the corsair, and that's what's more important, you have your answer.

Reactions: adrifoxbg
Solution

adrifoxbg

Reputable
Jun 16, 2020

Thank you
no matter which brand, there is a period of 1 month for repair or replacement.
That's why I think that if I had turned directly to the corsair the problem would have been solved 10 times
In fact, they claim that be quiet is better in everything.
quieter, more efficient, newer and better quality and parts
that's why I'm confused

they claim that be quiet is better in everything.
quieter, more efficient, newer and better quality and parts
that's why I'm confused

Yeah. That is all bull crap. They are of equal quality.

If the be quiet is more easily serviced in bulgaria then the corsair, and that's what's more important, you have your answer.

IIRC, a beQuiet RMA has to go to Germany and a Corsair RMA has to go to Almere, Netherlands. So about the same IMO.

no matter which brand, there is a period of 1 month for repair or replacement.

Says who? It doesn't take a month to send a PSU to Germany or NL and have it swapped out. Two weeks maximum (including shipping).

adrifoxbg

Reputable
Jun 16, 2020
Yeah. That is all bull crap. They are of equal quality.

IIRC, a beQuiet RMA has to go to Germany and a Corsair RMA has to go to Almere, Netherlands. So about the same IMO.

Says who? It doesn't take a month to send a PSU to Germany or NL and have it swapped out. Two weeks maximum (including shipping).

Welcome to Bulgaria....
This is how it is here
I do not burn with desire to give more money for be quiet, but after my bad experience with power supplies and months of waiting I want to buy something quality

Welcome to Bulgaria....
This is how it is here
I do not burn with desire to give more money for be quiet, but after my bad experience with power supplies and months of waiting I want to buy something quality

That doesn't answer the question.

How is the RMA being done where it takes a month? If you ship it yourself to beQuiet or Corsair, why does it take a month to get there and back? Customs? You're talking about shipping it directly to the vendor and not going back to the reseller and waiting for their monthly RMA cycle are you?

adrifoxbg

Reputable
Jun 16, 2020
That doesn't answer the question.

How is the RMA being done where it takes a month? If you ship it yourself to beQuiet or Corsair, why does it take a month to get there and back? Customs? You're talking about shipping it directly to the vendor and not going back to the reseller and waiting for their monthly RMA cycle are you?

I can't know.
But I guess they are waiting for the necessary time to return my money.
But I want to give them more money to buy another product from them
I myself do not understand this madness.
obviously it's time to buy from another store

AngelJin

Commendable
Jun 19, 2020
Corsair Hxi Series HX1000i (216 euros) has the bests reviews from users in my country. PPl mention on comment that fans dont even spin at 600w-700w. This is the second one Corsair HX Series HX1000 (204 euros). That one Corsair HXi Series HX850i (219 euros) has 11 ppl comment 4 of them said that it blow up in one person the first day for the other 3 in a year- year and a half so for me is a no-no.

adrifoxbg

Reputable
Jun 16, 2020
Corsair Hxi Series HX1000i (216 euros) has the bests reviews from users in my country. PPl mention on comment that fans dont even spin at 600w-700w. This is the second one Corsair HX Series HX1000 (204 euros). That one Corsair HXi Series HX850i (219 euros) has 11 ppl comment 4 of them said that it blow up in one person the first day for the other 3 in a year- year and a half so for me is a no-no.
hx1000i

hx1000i 270 euros in Bulgaria...

adrifoxbg

Reputable
Jun 16, 2020

in fact quite wondering whether to buy hx850i or rm1000i

AngelJin

Commendable
Jun 19, 2020
Hx850i has negative comments so i wouldnt chooce it. Rm1000i is seems better options but its more expensive and u may not need the extra watt. But as i say never cheap out in the psu is the heart of the pc it goes bad i might destroy other parts. If i have this 2 options i ll go gor Rm1000i better safe than sorry.

adrifoxbg

Reputable
Jun 16, 2020
Thanks to everyone for the help.
1 week ago there was an answer from the main service, but no one can tell me!
Today I took the money and ordered from another store for tomorrow corsair rm1000i they didn't have 850w but the difference was 20 euros
I hope I made a good choice
thanks again everyone.

Reactions: AngelJin