Question Be Quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX - Bottom Mount

zaaz1337

Reputable
Mar 13, 2019
Hello!

Recently, I assembled a new computer and encountered a dilemma regarding the placement of my water cooling solution. The only viable location for my setup seems to be at the bottom of the case. However, after conducting some research online, I came across several warnings suggesting that a bottom-mounted configuration may negatively impact the CPU cooler's performance and potentially harm it.

My system has an Intel Core i7-13700k processor, paired with a Be Quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX RGB 240mm AIO cooler. Unfortunately, due to the cooler's size and the obstruction posed by the power supply unit, mounting it on the top is not an option. My cpu cooler has tube mounted pump.

I'm now contemplating whether I should part with my current cooler and invest in a more suitable alternative or if my current AIO cooler can function normally without problems when placed at the bottom of the case. Any advice or insights from the community would be greatly appreciated.

Also from one reddit post one guy told that "With tube mounted pump the orientation dosen't matter": https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/zctg8g/bottom_mounting_an_aio_radiator_i_know_this/

At the moment it's placed like this --> View: https://imgur.com/a/JV7TcJJ

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information including PSU and disk drives.

= = = =

Very likely that the airflows to and through the cooler are being obstructed.

Not really in my comfort zone (full disclosure) but something seems amiss.

Make and model case?

Add a couple more photographs showing the full interior of the case and enclosed components.

I am wondering about the placement of the PSU....

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I'm now contemplating whether I should part with my current cooler and invest in a more suitable alternative or if my current AIO cooler can function normally without problems when placed at the bottom of the case. Any advice or insights from the community would be greatly appreciated.
Please do the first option. I think you compromise too much in the way of cooling by trying to work with the current scenario.
+fortunately, due to this unit's in-line pump, you don't have to worry about damaging it. That's about the only positive here...

-the air volume over the surface area of the cold plate will increase over time, leading to the same behavior with core temperatures.

-currently, you have the radiator fans fighting against the gpu cooler's fans. That helps neither cooler do their job.
-flipping the rad fans would be better, but there's a lot of air resistance beneath the fans: the radiator, air filter(a slight one, but it adds up), and the floor of the case's proximity to the surface it's sitting on(case feet too short).

-the loop can be refilled, but that feature is not enough in the face of the other downsides.