Beep issue solved, but no display on monitor

Aug 16, 2018
Hi,

so when I started my PC today, there was suddenly a problem where it beeped once long and 3 times short and there was no display on the monitor ("No DVI Signal"). My PC has worked fine till yesterday. I do remember getting one or two BSODs in the past though that said "Memory_Management". What eventually resolved the beep issue was me taking the CMOS battery out and putting it back in.

But the monitor still displays nothing when the DVI cable is connected to the graphics card. The graphics card fans are running. I tried HDMI cable, that didn't work either.

It works if I connect the monitor to the motherboard. Which is weird because in the BIOS settings, I have the PCI slot for the graphics card selected and the graphics card is inside the PC.

Is the issue a faulty graphics card?

Thanks for any help.

Monitor: ASUS VG248QE
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H
GPU: Zotac Geforce GTX 780ti
PC is 4 1/2 years old, used almost daily, mostly for gaming.

(Sorry for my bad English, I'm not a native speaker)

P.S.: Another thing I did was changing around the 2 RAM sticks. All combos basically, one left, one right etc.

Solution
Try to verify that the card is indeed the problem.

Install the card in another known working computer with an applicable slot.

Try another known working GPU in the current PCI slot.

If the card does not work elsewhere and another card does work then that would verify a problem with the existing card.
Aug 16, 2018

Yes, but that beep is gone like I said. It beeps just once now as normal. The beep went away after I put the CMOS battery out and back in.

Aug 16, 2018

It's all set. I also tried putting the GPU in another PCI slot and changed it in BIOS. Nothing. Also, for some reason, the graphics card is greyed out in the Device Manager and only to be seen under "Hidden Devices". Under Properties, it says "Currently, this hardware devices is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)"

It's most likely the card...

Ralston18

Titan
Try to verify that the card is indeed the problem.

Install the card in another known working computer with an applicable slot.

Try another known working GPU in the current PCI slot.

If the card does not work elsewhere and another card does work then that would verify a problem with the existing card.

Solution