[SOLVED] Before i buy my first build Can you guys tell me if this is compatible?

Dec 1, 2019
Heres my build i just want to know if this works out well hopefully it should be pretty good for what it is to my knowledge

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard

Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB MINI Video Card

Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Aerocool Cylon ATX Mid Tower Case

G.SKILL 32GB (2 x 16GB) Aegis DDR4 2400 (I already own the RAM i recently got it for my prebuilt surprisingly it works with the prebuild BUT its just a really bad pc for $75.76 )

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RkRM3t
heres the list

my budget is 1200 hopefully i can stay below 1200

im wondering if i shoud pick a different motherboard i added a poll below you can decide if i get another motherboard be sure to add suggestions (for funsies )

hope you guys can help me ill add more info if need be

Solution
You're good to go, though I'd have chosen an M.2 SSD to populate the board as opposed to getting a 2.5" SSD now and you forgot to add ram to your build. Your build will not POST without ram. Pick a DDR4-3200MHz dual channel kit to get the best out of Ryzen.

Also, how much time do we have to refine the system?

Lutfij

Titan
You're good to go, though I'd have chosen an M.2 SSD to populate the board as opposed to getting a 2.5" SSD now and you forgot to add ram to your build. Your build will not POST without ram. Pick a DDR4-3200MHz dual channel kit to get the best out of Ryzen.

Solution
Dec 1, 2019

how so? what would be different if you dont mind explaining to a new builder that

Mr3dPHD

Prominent
Jan 6, 2020
I can't speak for compatibility, but I can give you a suggestion. Do yourself a massive favor and make use of that PCIe M.2 slot you have on this motherboard. If you don't know about M.2 storage then you should definitely familiarize yourself with it. That's what you should be installing your OS on. SATA SSD moves like a paraplegic sloth in comparison. The difference is literally (this is the ceiling of course) 600 mb/s vs 4 gb/s! Almost six times faster. That's huge.

Read this article if you want to learn more.

Dec 1, 2019

i have all the time at the moment im just making sure i have everything ready before i go out and buy the parts i added the ram in the post but not the partpicker list its G.SKILL 32GB (2 x 16GB) Aegis DDR4 2400 i diddnt add it because i already own the RAM

Dec 1, 2019
I can't speak for compatibility, but I can give you a suggestion. Do yourself a massive favor and make use of that PCIe M.2 slot you have on this motherboard. If you don't know about M.2 storage then you should definitely familiarize yourself with it. That's what you should be installing your OS on. SATA SSD moves like a paraplegic sloth in comparison. The difference is literally (this is the ceiling of course) 600 mb/s vs 4 gb/s! Almost six times faster. That's huge.

Read this article if you want to learn more.
thanks for the explination and the advice ill be sure to read the article