Question Beginners NEW PC Keeps Freezing after long usage OFTEN!!!

barath66kumar66

Prominent
Dec 10, 2018
Hi guys,
Recently assembled a PC with new components and I often face with this freezing issue after long usage.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600 (stock cooler)
B 450 Asrock Steel legend
Gskill tridentz 1x16GB 3600 running at 2666
Corsair 550w 80+bronze
Azus Dual Advanced RTX 2060 6 GB
Coolermaster MB511 RGB
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500 GB
WD HDD 1 TB

Usage and issue:
I use Adobe creative suit and play games like Assassin's creed and PUBG. The thing is my PC runs whole day like more than 6 hours(sometimes idle, sometimes just casual browsing). My office PC which is a PRFBUILT DELL with intel processor ran for 20 days straight day and night. Even I switched the PC off. The Ryzen build i recently built (Was assembled by a professional though) started this issue after the third day of the build. I just want to know whether there is a hardware issue or things are like this the whole time with RYZEN. Or there is any other issue. I usually restart the PC while facing this issue and PC runs smoothly after that. But its a new PC. Need to resolve this. Can't risk with risky projects on premier pro. Kindly help. Thanks in advance guys!

barath66kumar66

Prominent
Dec 10, 2018
It’s not the issue but 1 stick of RAM at 2666mhz ? Should have gotten 2 for dual channel and you need to get that running as high as your motherboard allows.
Yeah, i thought of going for a 2x8 but im planning to upgrade another 16gb by some time so thats y went for it. And regarding the ram freq i tried for 3200freq using the xmp profile but the system didnt booted. I panicked, and reset the whole thing and just now tried the 2666. Before it was 2111 something. I dont have enough knowledge on the ram OC side. So, im still searching for someone to help me out with it. Tried overcocking the GPU no problem with it.

barath66kumar66

Prominent
Dec 10, 2018
exact model of the psu?
check cpu/gpu temp?
latest bios? chipset driver?
PSU Model: CX550
CPU Temp : 79-89C Currently rendering a video. viewed with the core temp app (Didn't overclocked it tough)
GPU Temp: Reaches around 70-72C on full load. Mostly around 65C
BIOS: Hope it the latest because its ryzen 3rd gen ready. But i dont know where to check it.
Chipset driver: Hope it the new one because bought them iike 20 days ago.

Any ways I find a way to identify them and update them.

Last edited: