Belkin USB Bluetooth thingummybob...

Andy

Hi folks,

Belkin USB Bluetooth Adapter F8T003.

Has anyone got one to these to work with XP SP2?

I've had several goes at getting mine to work and it's proving very
stubborn. The installation program installs the Belkin (Widcomm)
Bluetooth drivers and stuff but it also installs the Microsoft drivers
and stuff as well. According to Belkin this is not a good thing but they
don't tell me how to remove one or the other and make the changes
permanent. Every time I unplug / plug in the thingummybob it installs
all the wrong drivers again and .... phew, well you get the picture!

Anybody had any luck with one of these, I'd like to hear from you!

Thanks for your time.
--
andy

bar

If Belkin can't assist you to setup their product, take it back to the store
and get one from another manufacturer that does.

The consumer has a right to a product which performs and one can demand a
refund if it doesn't work as stated.

"andy" wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Belkin USB Bluetooth Adapter F8T003.
>
> Has anyone got one to these to work with XP SP2?
>
> I've had several goes at getting mine to work and it's proving very
> stubborn. The installation program installs the Belkin (Widcomm)
> Bluetooth drivers and stuff but it also installs the Microsoft drivers
> and stuff as well. According to Belkin this is not a good thing but they
> don't tell me how to remove one or the other and make the changes
> permanent. Every time I unplug / plug in the thingummybob it installs
> all the wrong drivers again and .... phew, well you get the picture!
>
> Anybody had any luck with one of these, I'd like to hear from you!
>
> Thanks for your time.
> --
> andy

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

Andy
I've kind of got a similar problem with a DESMA thingummy (dongle) which
also uses the Widcomm drivers. It seems to load, but also loads the MS
drivers.

I'm not sure but I think I've got to get over the same problem because while
my mobile is recognised, I cant "discover" my bluetooth headset, which is
what I want to use it for. The online resource suggests the headset service
is not supported in MS, whilst it should be in Widcomm. This only happened
today, and I've got support request emails out to Desma, the retailer and
sony Ericsson, so I might yet get a fix, but if anyone knows anything?