Ben Heck Makes a Xbox 360 S Slim 17'' Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randomacts

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
[citation][nom]jrharbort[/nom]Where is the fun or adventure in that? Ben is a pioneer and roll model for modders everywhere.It's like asking "why climb a mountain?". Simply because it is there.[/citation]

But you could fly over it =p Thats what cool people do :)

crazybaldhead

Distinguished
May 2, 2010

"roll model"? I'm sorry, is that something like a roll of toilet paper?

Albyint

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
That thing is way to thick and probably too heavy. Even if he had weight reduction in mind when he made it, it seems you could achieve the same with a laptop. I would only imagine how powerful a laptop could be if one were that thick however lol. More powerful than an Xbox anyway........

rochin

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
[citation][nom]mwilliam12[/nom]Yes, but could you build your own laptop?[/citation]

Sites offer custom built laptops, so yes you can build your own laptop.

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
dont see why he didnt just get a laptop keyboard with touchpad on top of its base, with the cooling fan at the side and/or back. That would have been truly portable.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]rochin[/nom]Sites offer custom built laptops, so yes you can build your own laptop.[/citation]
All you can do is pick the parts for a barebones....that is hardly building a laptop.....

[citation][nom]scook9[/nom]All you can do is pick the parts for a barebones....that is hardly building a laptop.....[/citation]
I guess by your logic...All you can do is pick parts to build any computer. So I guess computers are not built either. You choose a barebones that has the board features and screen you want and add to it. Just like picking the board you want and adding to it.

theoutbound

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I appreciate the time, effort and ability this takes, but I'm not sure how viable it really is. It just doesn't look small enough to be truly portable. I think I would rather just carry a 360 and a monitor separately if for some reason I needed it to be portable.

michaelssw

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]KawiNinjaZX[/nom]Yea, except PC gaming sucks. Oh snap[/citation]

How many times did you replace your xbox360? and how much does it cost you to play on xbox live?

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]brianfulcher15[/nom]you must be one of those people whom cant afford a gaming pc...[/citation]

You must be one of those people "whom" has improper grammar. Pompous ass.

dustcrusher

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
I've been a fan of Mr. Heck's work for a while. It's always interesting to get new perspectives on design choices for custom projects.

You could buy two nice laptops, build at least 2 really nice gaming rigs, or build one Ludicrous-speed desktop setup for the price of this. I wouldn't buy it unless I was filthy rich.

I would love to build something like this myself though- the main challenge would be finding an elegant yet functional way to handle the power brick (pun fully intended), wireless controller gear, and other non-standard hardware.

fjjb

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
that seems like a suit case!!! i think its better to get your xbox and a slim lcd with tape.... i think it will replicate the same but just a bit more abstract

G

just buy a laptop... seems like he rediscovered the 20 year old 1st laptop model... at least the dimensions match.

Status
Not open for further replies.