BenQ RL2460HT: HDMI input turn-on sequence issue

jlc204

Reputable
Dec 9, 2014
Hi all. First time poster here, and am hoping someone could help me out here, as I have so far been unable to find an answer online to my problem.

I got this monitor on Black Friday and while I have been happy with the purchase, there is one issue I have with it, and it's specifically related to connecting it to the PC via an HDMI cable.

The issue is detailed in this Amazon review: http://www.amazon.com/review/R3L6A064VU6QZJ/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00ITORJRQ

And there is a video showing the issue here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZiWlFv1eUw

Basically when turning on the monitor, it exhibits the images on my desktop for the first 13-14 seconds, then suddenly goes black for about 4-5 seconds, before showing the desktop images again. This only happens when I am using HDMI. No issues with DVI. I originally thought I could live with it, but it is starting to get a bit annoying. I am starting to get to the point where I am considering returning the monitor. Obviously I could easily sidestep the issue by using DVI, but I would like to use HDMI with this new monitor. Anyone here know if there is a way to fix this, or have encountered the same issue as mine?

If this helps, here are part of my PC specs (3yr old computer):

Intel i5 2500k
Sapphire ATI radeon HD 6950
8GB ram
GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD4-B3 motherboard

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Solution
There's zero benefit to use HDMI over DVI unless your need to transfer audio signal as well which you probably don't need to.
So if DVI is working you are fine, there's nothing to worry.

If it is bothering you that much then get money back/replacement if you can.

milkod2001

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
There's zero benefit to use HDMI over DVI unless your need to transfer audio signal as well which you probably don't need to.
So if DVI is working you are fine, there's nothing to worry.

If it is bothering you that much then get money back/replacement if you can.

Solution