Jun 6, 2022
Hello everyone. I just got myself a BenQ XL2420T monitor, and I was wondering, which cable should I get for it. My current graphics card is GTX 960 2GB. The graphics card seems to have a DVI-I Dual Link port, and the monitor seems to have DVI-D Dual Link port. Can I just buy a DVI-D Dual Link cable, or is there an alternative way? I'm scared to buy a HDMI cable without finding out first, if the HDMI ports can somehow vary differently and 120hz may not be supported in some HDMI ports.

NOTICE: Also mention, if it's possible to use some sort of HDMI 1.4 or 2.0 or whatever there is, because there are a few cables only in my city. Every single cable that works is worth to mention.

Thank you guys in advance!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Read this;
http://tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_xl2420t.htm#120hz
The DL-DVI connection is needed to power the screens 1920 x 1080 resolution at a full 120Hz refresh rate from a compatible NVIDIA graphics card.
same info stated in your monitors manual, here, page 37~38.

Didn't you get 4 display cables bundled with your monitor?

in my city
This is where you mention your location.

Solution
Jun 6, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Read this;
http://tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_xl2420t.htm#120hz

same info stated in your monitors manual, here, page 37~38.

Didn't you get 4 display cables bundled with your monitor?

in my city
This is where you mention your location.
Oh, I bought this screen used. I didn't get any cables, and I'm using a normal HDMI cable. By all my knowledge it is NOT a 1.4 or higher. So what you're saying is I shoudl get a DL-DVI cable?

You will need to use a dual-link DVI cable or DisplayPort. The pinned thread may also help in cable selection.

Jun 6, 2022
You will need to use a dual-link DVI cable or DisplayPort. The pinned thread may also help in cable selection.

Yeah, I've tried reading that through. So a dual-link DVI will do, or DPI. I have a DPI - HDMI cable though, it does work on my other monitor, but this monitor doesn't even recognize it. Does it have to be DPI- DPI cable ?

TRENDING THREADS