Question Bent pins on motherboard

Oct 3, 2020
So somehow I have bent pins on part of the motherboard where the processor goes, I read you can straighten them but not sure if I should try.

Is there away to fix that? Like can I use parts of another computer to replace it?

USAFRet

Titan
Fuzzy, but that looks too mangled to be fixable.
Replace the motherboard.

One of my boards, a few years ago:

Bent motherboard pins
Before - No boot
1a9v061.jpg

After - boot success
oenFyWk.jpg

to fix:
JYUnC45.png

Oct 3, 2020
Fuzzy, but that looks too mangled to be fixable.
Replace the motherboard.

One of my boards, a few years ago:

Bent motherboard pins
Before - No boot
1a9v061.jpg

After - boot success
oenFyWk.jpg

to fix:
JYUnC45.png

How much do motherboards cost in general? I have a HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0033w. Also would it be possible to replace it with a mother board from another computer? I have a all in one that i stopped using it's intel as well. Maybe it would be best to just buy one >.<

USAFRet

Titan
How much do motherboards cost in general? I have a HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0033w. Also would it be possible to replace it with a mother board from another computer? I have a all in one that i stopped using it's intel as well. Maybe it would be best to just buy one >.<
This HP?
https://support.hp.com/za-en/document/c06110764

That is not a standard motherboard. Proprietary HP. A regular ATX board won't work in that HP case.
And you can't use the motherboard from an All-In-One. Also proprietary, but different config. Won't fit.

What a mess!!
Bent pins come from not dropping the processor in cleanly and needing to smoosh it around to settle.
Sorry, it will be difficult to repair.
Bent pins are never covered under warranty.
Take the motherboard to jeweler and see if they can straighten things out.
It costs some $50 to have a socket replaced on a normal motherboard.
I found a replacement on ebay which I think matches your pc:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Pavilio...235732&hash=item365292b99c:g:3JMAAOSwuMxdVIGM