Question Best Air Cooling Solution for 2066 MB

dstansberry

Commendable
Mar 4, 2019
I'm working on putting together a new system using a i9-9900x processor with an Asus Rampage VI Extreme Omega motherboard, and 64GB of G.Skill Trident Z RAM.

I'd prefer to air cool the system with enough overhead to play with light overclocking (so.. maybe 250w?), but I'm having difficulty finding coolers in that range that would seem to have enough clearance to accommodate the 44mm height of the RAM.

Some solutions, like Be Quiet's Dark Pro 4, have smaller fans on one side to help with RAM clearance, but the 2066 motherboard has RAM modules on BOTH sides, and it's unclear how much clearance exists on the heatsink side.

Others, like MSI's FrozrXL, or Cooler Master's MasterAir Maker 8 (is it just me, or is that an odd name?) have adjustable fan locations, but it's unclear whether fans on both sides can be raised - and even less clear on what affect that has on cooling overall.

So, I thought I'd check in people infinitely brighter than I am. Are there any decent air cooling solutions out there that would accommodate RAM on BOTH sides of the CPU?

Looks are a mild concern. RGB isn't important, but not out of the question, and there's plenty of room in the case.

Piroca

Prominent
Apr 18, 2019

dstansberry

Commendable
Mar 4, 2019
Hello, I believe the Zalmam CNPS 9900 MAX may be interesting in this case .. please check the manufacturer's website ..

https://www.zalman.com/contents/products/view.html?no=367

In addition, the Akasa Medusa is monstrous, has a considerable height compared to the RAM slots, compatible with 2066 ...

Make an analysis, take measurements ..

http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?tpl=product/cpu.product.tpl&no=181&type=CPU coolers&type_sub=Retail cooler&model=AK-CC4010HP01

Good luck !
Thanks for your suggestions - I hadn't even considered Zalman (doh!) and had never heard of Akasa. I'll check them both out! Sadly, as I haven't ordered anything yet - I was planning to get everything at once - I haven't anything to measure.