mukoolhasan

Reputable
Feb 23, 2018
Hey guys, I'm just a little confused about what would be the best way to put 3 x 120mm fans in a case. I was thinking of putting 2 intake at the front and 1 exhaust at the back or top? Or Should I put 1 intake at the front and 2 exhaust, 1 back and 1 top?
What's your opinion? How and where would be the best places to put the fans? Thank you

My spec:
Corsair Spec-05 Mid Tower
Intel i5 10500
GTX 1650 (Single Fan)
Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
Ballistix 2x8GB 3000mhz RAM
Crucial M.2 NVME 500GB SSD
WD Blue 7200rpm1TB HDD
Corsair CX450 450W 80+ Bronze

Solution
this doesn't answer your question but more the topic.

Best airflow for 3 intake fans =

just had to get a shout out for my old case design, still best you can get 12 years later...

not something I would suggest now.

runs away

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hey guys, I'm just a little confused about what would be the best way to put 3 x 120mm fans in a case. I was thinking of putting 2 intake at the front and 1 exhaust at the back or top? Or Should I put 1 intake at the front and 2 exhaust, 1 back and 1 top?
What's your opinion? How and where would be the best places to put the fans? Thank you

My spec:
Corsair Spec-05 Mid Tower
Intel i5 10500
GTX 1650 (Single Fan)
Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
Ballistix 2x8GB 3000mhz RAM
Crucial M.2 NVME 500GB SSD
WD Blue 7200rpm1TB HDD
Corsair CX450 450W 80+ Bronze
2 front intake and one back blowing out should be fine.

Reactions: mukoolhasan

hadiahmed29

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
Lian Li LANCOOL 215 Mid-Tower Case

COUGAR MX330-G Air Glass Window Mid-Tower

Antec NX Series NX800 Mid Tower ATX Gaming

And if the budge isn't an issue go for this one

Thermaltake Level 20 GT E-ATX full tower

mukoolhasan

Reputable
Feb 23, 2018
Lian Li LANCOOL 215 Mid-Tower Case

COUGAR MX330-G Air Glass Window Mid-Tower

Antec NX Series NX800 Mid Tower ATX Gaming

And if the budge isn't an issue go for this one

Thermaltake Level 20 GT E-ATX full tower
Sorry I think I wasn't clear enough. I already have the spec 05 which comes with 1 x 120mm fans and I'm adding 2 more fans to it.

So 2 intake at the front and 1 exhaust at the top should be fine? I was just a little confused. Thanks
Just my opinion:
For optimum cooling, I would make those added fans 140mm and mount them in front as intakes.
140mm fans move more air at a quieter lower rpm.
Repurpose the 120mm fan as a rear exhaust.
Top fans tend to be hurtful, diverting airflow out of the case before it can reach components.

Your parts are not overly hot, so no need to be obsessive about cooling.
You could try the supplied configuration first and see how you do.

Just my opinion:
For optimum cooling, I would make those added fans 140mm and mount them in front as intakes.
Top fans tend to be hurtful, diverting airflow out of the case before it can reach components.

Absolutely agree with this, If a case will fit 2 x 140mm in the front then there's no reason not to go for those instead of 120mm fans.

They push more air and they're quieter generally for literally a couple of dollars more.

Reactions: mukoolhasan

mukoolhasan

Reputable
Feb 23, 2018
Just my opinion:

Just what I needed to hear. It makes sense now. And it's a budget build so I was trying to save wherever possible and since this configuration wouldn't need any crazy airflow setup I wanted to buy those 2 120mm fans I found on sale. Although I haven't bought them yet but it make sense and I have fair idea what to do. Thank you!