Question Best bang for the buck CPU for linux server homelabber?

Nov 18, 2023
Requirements:

I run a blog that 2 people read. I run multiple virtual machines where I practice Linux using Rocky Linux as I work in red hat based distro. For example:
- I would make a kubernetes master and workers servers.
- I would make DNS BIND recursive resolver server, master, slave server.
- DHCP client and server
- NTP server and synchronize times between two different servers.
- HTTP server
- Ansible scripting
- docker learning
- kubernetes learning
- self hosting my blog
And so on and so on.

I currently have a dell inspiron 15 5567 laptop that recently got dead. I've already invested the amount that I put into buying that laptop to repair this laptop in multiple time frames.
Thankfully, I've upgraded this laptop to 1TB SATA 2.5'' SSD and 16GB RAM(8+8).
So, I am seeking just for a processor with slots that support 1TB SSD and 8+8GB RAM.
Also since cost is issue, I want the most bang for the buck processor.
I don't do gaming etc. All I need is for virtual machines. So what matters for me? Also recommend some CPUs in the range of 100-150 American Dollars. (For reference: A 100$ CPU in USA will cost equivalent to 30000 Nepali Rupees; Or a 10000 Indian Rupees processor will cost 30000 Nepali Rupees).

Ok so we are talking laptop,

motherboard has to be replaced with the same one, the board and case are made to fit each other so you can just slap whatever board in that you like.

CPU is a BGA or Ball Grid Array so its soldered to the board, so no upgrading unless you know someone that can do that for you. Its also hard to find used CPUS and most people dont de solder the CPU of a broken board to try and resell it.

So there is no real upgrade path for motherboard and CPU on this.

Nov 18, 2023
I am buying new CPU+motherboard+RAM and use my old SSD. Anything you recommend? Bang for the buck from daraz nepal?