News Best Buy Lists AMD Radeon RX 7700 XT, With Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see a 7800 xt with hopefully more than 16GB of VRAM to keep up with tommorow's games.
No, it won't be more than 16GB. 7800 XT will be precisely 16GB, just as 7700 XT will be precisely 12GB.

The only way to do more than 16GB is either double the memory chips per channel (32GB total) or go with a wider bus. But a wider bus would mean using Navi 31 instead of Navi 32. And that GPU already exists and is called the RX 7900 XT.

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
Yeah. I'm itching to pull the trigger on some 6000 series contenders (6750xt, 6800, or 6800xt) so really hoping they price these well. I have my doubts. AMD is priced competitively in some segments but not the hands down winner anywhere, and they could use a clear win on price. Now is the time since NVIDIA seems to be doubling down on AI and may not properly respond to AMD releases timely to compete.

Well, we can honestly say that the Gigabyte Radeon RX 7700 XT Windforce Gaming OC looks exactly the same as every other Gigabyte Winforce Gaming OC card in the world. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the picture is actually of an RX 6800 XT.

That price though, are they trying to scare people? :LOL:

Reactions: gg83
I’ll stick with the 6700xt a while longer either way. Performs close to the 4060ti. If I’m at 1080 or even 1440p, that should still be fine for medium/high settings. Lately I’ve been playing my Xbox more though. Relaxing after being on a computer all day at work to sit in the easy chair and fire up Xbox on a 65 inch with a sound bar.

The question is however, I don’t think my 65 inch vizio does more than 60hz and I don’t think it does more all of the advanced 4K features. I’ve got an Xbox series s now which I like but wondering if I should trade it in later in the year and get a series x which might be nice for collecting some older games, or if I should keep the series s and try to get a deal on a ps5 and be able to play pretty much any exclusives on either side.

They should have just put whatever the normal price is going to be and then move the decimal point!

Originally 649.99 now only 599.99

Modified 6499.9 now only 5999.9 <--- Huge Discount! :eek:

edit: add zero changed to move decimal point. (y)
It's the same percentage, so the same discount of 7.7%.

But as noted, it seems like Best Buy cloned maybe an existing 7900 XT item and then made changes, or perhaps a 4070 Ti. Either way, it didn't catch all the errors and so the price, box photo, and other elements are off.

Reactions: Order 66

ManDaddio

Reputable
Oct 23, 2019
Just buy Nvidia above $600 price range. Funny how people are still excited about Radeon GPUs. 😊
RTX is better and only getting better.

I have RTX 4090 and more VRAM doesn't mean jack if the game won't let you effectively use it or the game is unoptimized.

My RTX 2080ti runs everything just fine still with a 9900k. RTX features work well too to help it run even better. DLSS 3.5 dropping soon.

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
My RTX 2080ti runs everything just fine still with a 9900k. RTX features work well too to help it run even better. DLSS 3.5 dropping soon.
My Rx 6800 runs amazingly well with a 7700x, but then again I would hope so considering it was a $579 card at launch and is only one generation old. I would be perfectly willing to try Nvidia in the future if they come to their senses and stop making wildly overpriced cards. I'm not mad at Nvidia, I'm just disappointed.
I have RTX 4090 and more VRAM doesn't mean jack if the game won't let you effectively use it or the game is unoptimized.
okay then, prove that you have a 4090, and then maybe we will take you seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.