Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
Hi.

I have Nox Coolbay Tx docking with 5 fans:
-2 front intake
-2 top exhaust
-1 rear exhaust
-CPU fan blowing air to the rear

Well, lets supose I only want 4 fans, what would be the best configuration?

Option 1

-2 front intake
-2 top exhaust

Option 2

-2 front intake
-1 top exhaust (the more close to the rear or the other?)
-1 rear exhaust

I think option 1 is best (despite cpu fan blowing to the rear instead of to the top).

Thanks.

Solution
I'd leave it as-is. But if I were to choose between the two options, I'd say option 1 is more ideal.

There are other factors to take into consideration. Cases with mesh tops and fronts prevent this idea of a vacuum which is what we think about with fan configuration.

In my opinion, what is most important is quality of CPU cooler and GPU cooler. For example, you could have the best case fans/configuration, but with stock CPU cooling, it'll be less than ideal.

mmaatt747

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
I would guess Option 1 as well. But I would really stick to the way you have it now. But if you want a real answer, just try the different configurations while watching GPU and CPU temps. Then you won't have to guess what is better.

I'd leave it as-is. But if I were to choose between the two options, I'd say option 1 is more ideal.

There are other factors to take into consideration. Cases with mesh tops and fronts prevent this idea of a vacuum which is what we think about with fan configuration.

In my opinion, what is most important is quality of CPU cooler and GPU cooler. For example, you could have the best case fans/configuration, but with stock CPU cooling, it'll be less than ideal.

Solution

ryosan222

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
I'm a bit "paranoid?" and want even less noise :).

The case fans are the two default of nox and 3 "Scythe Sleep Stream 800rpm".

GPU: Sapphire Dual-X (in future I would invest on MSI Twin Frozr V models)
CPU: CM Hyper 212 EVO with "Noctua NF-12 PWM 1500rpm"

This morning remove 212 evo default fan and put the noctua. Also remove de HDD WD and put an SSD. But Like I said I'm a bit paranoid with noise.... or maybe with less noise I hear new noises (I don't know if I xplain me.... sorry for my english).

In the future I want to replace all case fans with Noctua (800 rpm "fixed" not PWM) and are a bit expensive (only 4 better than 5...).