Looking for a LIGHT laptop to web surf and do basics. CD/RW no DVD R/W
needed.

greccogirl wrote:

> Looking for a LIGHT laptop to web surf and do basics. CD/RW no DVD R/W
> needed.

How much are you willing to spend?

Notan

"greccogirl" <greccogirl@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Looking for a LIGHT laptop to web surf and do basics.
> CD/RW no DVD R/W needed.

Thanks for sharing!

Rick Lowen.

On Sun, 15 May 2005 02:43:56 +0000, greccogirl wrote:

> Looking for a LIGHT laptop to web surf and do basics. CD/RW no DVD R/W
> needed.

Is new a requirement?

Latitude LS machines come in at about $200 on eBay, and some claim
they are the lightest Dell notebooks ever. I've personally seen one, anad
sure enough, its not much larger than a sheet a paper, and not very thick
at all. The optical drives are external, though, so you can go even
lighter when not needed.

Right now, I'm thinking about either getting one of those, or a mid-end
PDA.

greccogirl wrote:

> Looking for a LIGHT laptop to web surf and do basics. CD/RW no DVD R/W
> needed.

I'd consider the 700M, great size and weight combo and the price is
reasonable (just check sites like Fat Wallet and you'll probably find a
$750 off $1500 promotion within the next month). Compared to the price
of its IBM competitor (the X series), the 700M is a very well priced
alternative.

"Usenet user" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 15 May 2005 02:43:56 +0000, greccogirl wrote:
>
>> Looking for a LIGHT laptop to web surf and do basics. CD/RW no DVD R/W
>> needed.
>
> Is new a requirement?
>
> Latitude LS machines come in at about $200 on eBay, and some claim
> they are the lightest Dell notebooks ever. I've personally seen one, anad
> sure enough, its not much larger than a sheet a paper, and not very thick
> at all. The optical drives are external, though, so you can go even
> lighter when not needed.
>
> Right now, I'm thinking about either getting one of those, or a mid-end
> PDA.

Mine was a great machine while it lasted. As long as you're using it as a
desktop replacement, it might last.

As a laptop, it was weak.

tom