Best Computer Monitors 2021

Jul 21, 2021
Yeah, this list is pretty thoroughly clueless. Samsung is notorious for making hypebeast garbage with terrible QC, and your #1 monitor is no exception. AND it's curved? How about a budget category?

Aug 20, 2021
What, no 24" monitors or 1080p (except compact ones)? Not even in the “best monitor for competitive gaming” category?
same here..
I work from home (I'm a programmer). I use 2 monitors (also at work).
What can I do with such big monitors? I now have two 22inch monitors. Looking to replace them...
But 32 inch??? Then I need to buy a new desk too :(
I guess 24inch in also good, but bigger is too big

dotScience

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010
Another waste-of-my-time review from Tom's HW: there's already a second article on gaming monitors ... but, all the monitors in this review are for gaming, and are reviewed in terms of gaming, or watching video.

Does anyone at TH have a clue that there are people who use monitors many hours per day for reading, surfing, working with spreadsheets and text editors, and, that what is critical for that type of usage is legibility of text ?

For those of us using high-end software for digital graphics and design, color space coverage is critical, and, curved monitors are ,,, out.

This article, so typical of TH's focus on gaming, and its uncoordinated editorial content, is a good example of why I rarely visit the site. Years ago, TH was at theotip of my must-browse list.

Co BIY

Honorable
Jun 18, 2015
I bought a 27" 16:10 recently for a programing station. It's a better ratio for productivity and deserves a spot too.

32" is pretty big at first but once but once you have it you won't want to go back. (Just like 2 and then 3 screens!)

I feel like I can hardly work now with just one screen. Single screen and HDD on a work computer - the problems of the technologically spoiled.

Reactions: Soaptrail and Endre

ASK THE COMMUNITY