[SOLVED] Best CPU/Motherboard for Rx 6600 xt?

Nov 2, 2021
Hello,

I recently upgraded from a Rx 570 8gb to a Rx 6600 XT 8gb. Only to realize that my CPU is way too underpowered to handle it.

I currently have a Ryzen 5 1600 and from what I can see it heavily bottlenecks my system with the 6600 XT. I get more unstable frames than on my 570 and get constant basically unplayable stutters In almost all games I play. Because it seems redundant for my system as of now, I have swapped back to my 570 in the meantime. Something to note is I do
also experience small stutter on the 570 as well.

Questions:

1. My main question is what CPU would be the best suitable upgrade for the price with the 6600 XT for 1080p gaming. FPS's, MMO's, etc.

2. Would I need to upgrade my Motherboard for the 5000 series.

I am fairly new to this sort of thing. Thank you in advance for any help, I would really appreciate it.

Current PC Specs:
MB: MSI B450 Tomahawk
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 6 core 12 thread | stock | base cooler
GPU: Rx 570 8gb
RAM: 16gb ddr4
PSU: EVGA 700 BR

Solution
D
If you update the bios on that motherboard you could run a 5600x with no issues, I would recommend to get a aftermarket cooler though the CM 212 Black Ed works great with that cpu.

If you do this upgrade the bios with your old cpu installed before you try to put the new one in.
D

Deleted member 362816

If you update the bios on that motherboard you could run a 5600x with no issues, I would recommend to get a aftermarket cooler though the CM 212 Black Ed works great with that cpu.

If you do this upgrade the bios with your old cpu installed before you try to put the new one in.

Solution
Nov 2, 2021

I looked on msi's website and couldn't find a bios version that says it supports ryzen 5000 series cpu's. Would the most recent bios version suffice instead? Because I already have the most recent one installed. And yeah I was going to look into an aftermarket cooler for sure, thank you for the recommendation.