Question Best CPU to upgrade an old Gigabyte Motherboard

Dec 23, 2019
I have an old pc with a Gigabyte GA-B75M-D2V pci express 3.0 rev1 micro ATX motherboard, PSU is Thermaltake TT500NL1Nh-1 (500w) and existing CPU is an i3-3220. Could anyone offer some advice on upgrading to a better CPU and adding a graphics card. I'd like to use this pc for basic camtasia video editing if possible so would like it as powerful as possible. I realise the motherboard is old so if the basic video editing isn't viable then I'll settle for using it for general pc usage and Civ Vi type gaming. many thanks - J x

I have an old pc with a Gigabyte GA-B75M-D2V pci express 3.0 rev1 micro ATX motherboard, PSU is Thermaltake TT500NL1Nh-1 (500w) and existing CPU is an i3-3220. Could anyone offer some advice on upgrading to a better CPU and adding a graphics card. I'd like to use this pc for basic camtasia video editing if possible so would like it as powerful as possible. I realise the motherboard is old so if the basic video editing isn't viable then I'll settle for using it for general pc usage and Civ Vi type gaming. many thanks - J x
No matter what you put in it’ll struggle With Civ VI in the late game with the amount of units on the map. The CPUs aren’t really that cheap either. They cost about the same as a 3200g used here. Honestly would try scraping by with a newer 2400/3400g APU if you can and upgrading with a GPU laterz

Dec 23, 2019
thanks for that guys, I'll definitely drop the GPU idea - would a i7-2700k be a good choice for the APU - I can pick up a refurbed one on ebay for less than $100?