Best curved 1440 monitor to go with Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 ti

TCooks2007

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
I'm running a Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 Z87 4 x SLI/Crossfire with i7-4770, 4.3 overclocked, Quad Core housed in the Cooler Master HAF x942; Scythe Ninja 3 heat sink, 1200 W Corsair Professional Gold; and Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 ti, 8GB GDDR5, 8Bbps, 1683 MHz.

I am considering a curved 1440 monitor as I play an immersive mmo.

Under reviews of some of the models I've been looking at, they say I would need a 1080 ti.

Can you suggest a decent curved monitor that could be paired with the 1070 ti? I was thinking in the 34" range, or should I consider a non-curved monitor.

I do not play first person shooter games, but I do casually play wow.

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007

It all depends on which games you play, how picky you are with the graphics settings, and the desired frame rates. Rule of thumb is for 1440P, you want at least a GTX1080 if you want to get the most out of a higher end 1440P monitor, especially if it's rated at 144Hz or 165Hz. There are some games that require higher hardware such as a 1080Ti, 2080, or 2080Ti ;-)

TCooks2007

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
Thank you for the replies.

I went with Sgt Scream and have decided on the Asus ROG Swift PG348Q 34" Curved 1440. I am going to overclock my 1070ti using MSI Afterburner. I think for the games I play it will work great. My desk isn't very deep, so I am going to mount it on a vesa compliant 100mmx100m full motion wall mount. I play a lot in windowed mode in order to have reasearch open on the sides - since I play more mmorpgs than fps. I am pretty sure it will be perfect. I kind of wish there was a VA model so there wouldn't be risk of bleed, but I think this will be faster and look fantastic. I am crossing my fingers about the bleed and having no dead pixels. At least ASUS has fantastic customer service, so I could return it if needed.

TCooks2007

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
I did consider the Acer but was afraid of all of the comments about horrible customer service with Acer. ASUS’ reputation for excellent customer service and the answers I recieved here and on Amazon helped me decide on the ASUS.

Yes, I have gsync enabled and I had to overclock the refresh rate (very simple to do). I had to change refresh rate settings in advanced display settings in windows to 100hz. After that, I noticed absolutely no screen tearing. Also make sure your refresh rate settings are changed for the game your playing itself. I just use onboard for audio with a Hyper X headset. I purchased a GTX 1080 TI used on eBay for a great price and i've been testing it out in my Dad's PC, because he has a fast Intel rig with an 850w PSU. I wanted to ensure the card had an optimal environment to be effectively tested before the return policy ends.
My plans are to either:
A. Install the 1080 TI into my Ryzen 7 1700 System with a 550w PSU.
B. Hold out until Intel's next flagship processor and build a whole new system.
Right now I feel like I can hold out because the performance on the gtx 1070, is very playable and it gives me an excuse to build again.

So my panel has some light bleed on each corner, but from my research i've heard this is normal for IPS panels. I also read through threads of people constantly returning their monitor's, only to receive the next one that has a different variation of light bleed. All I know is when i'm gaming you definitely don't see it and i'd like for you to share your experience on the topic.

TRENDING THREADS