Best driver for leadtek geforce 2 gt?

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
Would appreciate opinions experiences and rationales for deciding which detonator driver revision I should install for maximum 3d gaming on my soon to be built system (parts in transit) asus cusl2-c 800 eb p-3 256mb crucial cas-2 ram leadtek winfast gf2 gt ddr 32 mb
Thanx

G

I have no problems with the newest det. drivers from Nvidia.com. I have a leadtech g2 gts and see no reason to use beta drivers.(yet)You should have went with the Athlon!!
Send back the P3........lol

Good luck!

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
I'm guessing thats the 6.49 drivers ?? dont everyone jump on me but part pf my p-3 decision was the 10 t-bird computers the IS guy at my job sent back cause they wouldnt work with our network..he replaced them straight up with wintel celerys and everything worked from 1st boot on .. I used to use k-2's and k-3's and older games frequently wouldnt run on these platforms either
Lagger

G

I just reflashed My Leadtek gts 32 and updated to the newest driver version offered on the Leadtek website and it has been rock solid ever since. I have not done any FPS testing yet but it has not locked up my t-bird. Even powersave mode works now!!

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Read about the "enhancements" of various Geforce drivers at www.geforcefaq.com. Search "what drivers"

Also, take a look at a benchmark comparision of various experimental Geforce drivers at www.NVGuru.com. Look for the headline, "Updated Detonator Comparison", and follow the links.

You'll find that from 6.32 to 7.17, 6.50 is the fastest. I believe at NVGuru you will find another article that mentions Microsoft gives the nod to 6.67 for stability. 6.31 is still the latest official version from nVidia.

Hope this helps

Phsstpok

Remember, up the creek without a paddle is better than up the creek without a canoe.

pauley

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
Homestead do me a big favor if you feel like it... please tell me how to flash my winfast gforce bios i have the files but i have been out of the loop a few months and am a little braindead.......thanks either way 8)