[SOLVED] Best Exhaust Fan

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
I want to buy a exhaust case fan for my PC.

Which i will install at top with dust filter. then i need a fan which can exhaust a lot of air through dust filter.

Does anyone know which Fan will work best here .

Any particular model/brand?

Thank you

Solution
An excellent case.
Use the two 140mm fans in front as intake.
Use any single fan you want as exhaust in the rear or top.
If all of your cooling air comes in from one source and is filtered, your parts will stay cleaner.

Whatever air comes in the front will exit somewhere, taking component heat with it.
The purpose of an exhaust fan is to direct the airflow past your motherboard and cooler.

Adding too much exhaust will tend to draw in unfiltered air from adjacent openings.
Aug 16, 2019

Which i will install at top with dust filter. then i need a fan which can exhaust a lot of air through dust filter.

Thank you
to note you don't really need a filter on an exhaust fan, it'll only make cleaning it more difficult, i have 3 intake fans with filters and 2 exhaust fans without and my case is fairly clean aside from a very fine light dust, i clean my filters monthly and case/fans yearly

Reactions: anjris

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
to note you don't really need a filter on an exhaust fan, it'll only make cleaning it more difficult, i have 3 intake fans with filters and 2 exhaust fans without and my case is fairly clean aside from a very fine light dust, i clean my filters monthly and case/fans yearly

Yes, you are absolutely right.

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Well....the specs on that fan say 269.3m^3/h....which equates to 158 cfm......which is a lot more than any fans I saw on that list....so I would say "go for it".
yes this fan has highest airflow and highest air pressure in the world.

Airflow: 158CFM
Pressure: 10.02H2O

Definitely i will go for it as a exhaust and intake both.

Thank you

It depends on your case and budget and if you want (A)RGB.

If you are top exhausting and there are no filters, I would go with any High Airflow 200 mm. If there are filters, I would go for one that balances between pressure and airflow. I used a cooler master 200 mm for years, but the ThermalTake (TT) 200mm is of much higher quality and runs quieter. They can barely be heard at full speed which is typically around 600->800 RPM.

Two 120mm fans = 45216 mm^2
One 200mm fan = 125,600 mm^2 of 2.77x's the area

And because the 20mm outer blades run faster (RPM * 200 * pi )/(RPM * 120 * pi)= 1.66x's the angle of attack doesn't have to be as severe and it makes them run quieter at a given RPM.

Last edited:

Dlaing

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
I'd recommend Nautca (not sure if that's how you spell it) or Be Quiet! Fans. They are more pricy but are worth the money compared to my most like 2$ fans you can find on eBay.

Reactions: anjris
What is your case, and what do you have inside?
I can not imagine that such a strong exhaust fan is likely to be a good thing.
Exhaust fans, in general are not all that important.
Whatever your primary front intake brings in will eventually exit somewhere, taking component heat with it.

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
What is your case, and what do you have inside?
I can not imagine that such a strong exhaust fan is likely to be a good thing.
Exhaust fans, in general are not all that important.
Whatever your primary front intake brings in will eventually exit somewhere, taking component heat with it.
My case is Cooler Master MB511 RGB. And i have installed 2 140mm Noctua NF-A14 3000 RPM fan for front intake and exhaust as well on top side.

Thank you

An excellent case.
Use the two 140mm fans in front as intake.
Use any single fan you want as exhaust in the rear or top.
If all of your cooling air comes in from one source and is filtered, your parts will stay cleaner.

Whatever air comes in the front will exit somewhere, taking component heat with it.
The purpose of an exhaust fan is to direct the airflow past your motherboard and cooler.

Adding too much exhaust will tend to draw in unfiltered air from adjacent openings.

Solution