Best Fan Placement for my Corsair 300r Windowed Case

G

This will be my first gaming pc build coming up this Summer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XQ6cP6

I was looking at Blue LED lights to put in my case then thought about blue fans to put in to make it look awesome then noticed different fan specs like SP, AF, RPM, CPM, etc.

I would like to know the best air fan placement for my rig especially where SP and AF fans go. I was thinking about using the SP120 and AF140 but any other suggestions would be appreciated =).

Please explain the type of fans with their certain placements such as: Intake/Outake (Exhaust), SP/AF, 120mm/140mm
I saw this pic about perfect fan placement but don't know exactly if it is necessary since i don't see any fans on the bottom and the types of fans used: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1746820/corsair-carbide-300r-fan-setup.html
Front: 140mm x2 intake
Rear: 120mm x1 exhaust
Top: 120/140mm x2 exhaust.
Side 120/140mm x2 intake.

The max amount of fans I all go is 5. I can go to 6 if needed. (Excluding fans included with the case)

Thanks

Solution
AF is used for case fans and SP are used for coolers like H100i or Cooler Master EVO.

I have the same case. I moved my front Corsair fan to bottom position. Then I added a really good 140mm fan in its place. Then I added 2x120mm (1100rpm) quiet side fans. Last I added a top rear 120mm fan. This seems to have worked out well. I have more fans blowing in air then pulling air out.

I'd suggest adding a 1200-1500rpm 140mm front fan. Then consider adding a top rear fan or side fan.

I'd probably add these 3 if I had to do it again for front, top, and side:
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan...
AF is used for case fans and SP are used for coolers like H100i or Cooler Master EVO.

I have the same case. I moved my front Corsair fan to bottom position. Then I added a really good 140mm fan in its place. Then I added 2x120mm (1100rpm) quiet side fans. Last I added a top rear 120mm fan. This seems to have worked out well. I have more fans blowing in air then pulling air out.

I'd suggest adding a 1200-1500rpm 140mm front fan. Then consider adding a top rear fan or side fan.

I'd probably add these 3 if I had to do it again for front, top, and side:
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan ($24.36 @ Amazon)
Total: $58.34

Solution
G

- The website says there is no fan mounting location on the bottom?
- By top rear do you mean the the highest point on the rear or farthest back on top?
- Are you telling me to just add a 140mm front and top rear/side or that plus what your fan setup?

Also for the setup I mentioned what fans would you recommend using for 5 different mounting locations?

1) The front has room for two fans/positions. The Corsair one comes installed in the top of the two. I suggested moving it down to cool the HDD tray. Then add a better 140mm fan in its place.
2) The top of case can house 2 fans. One is closest to rear of case. That is where I suggested putting a top fan.
3) Add a front fan for sure.

Front and Side should be intake. Rear and top are exhaust positions.

G

Ok thank you so much =)