[SOLVED] Best free driver updater?

AlexsvonMüller

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
Just finished reinstalling my pc (moved from professional to ultimate) because almost-all-false driver installed by Driver Booster (example my monitor is X163WL but the software is installing PA246) first it running just fine but when i play games it always crashing or the worst cases BSOD. I know it's better to install the driver myself but for me it's really hard, i thought installing driver is same as you installing games but no. Back to the title.

Solution
"Have no choice" here mean i don't have any option other than let the driver booster install all the driver for me except the monitor driver because i'm too lazy to manually install them all, inf file is the driver? How to install it?

You already spent more much more time fixing the issues from the driver update program than you would have just downloading the driver from the motherboard support site and video card drivers. When you do a clean Windows setup again, do it the correct way and install the drivers from the official download area.

AlexsvonMüller

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
The "inf" file is the driver. Why do you "have not choice" ? Are you blocked from the motherboard manufacturer's webpage?
"Have no choice" here mean i don't have any option other than let the driver booster install all the driver for me except the monitor driver because i'm too lazy to manually install them all, inf file is the driver? How to install it?

You already spent more much more time fixing the issues from the driver update program than you would have just downloading the driver from the motherboard support site and video card drivers. When you do a clean Windows setup again, do it the correct way and install the drivers from the official download area.

Solution