Best full tower atx case

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfarlow

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
I'm looking for a full tower case to replace my Thermaltake Tsunami. I was hoping to get some opinions on full tower atx cases.

I'm looking for something with good thermals, low noise, and feature rich. There are a few features that I believe are must haves:
- Grometed cable routing
- open front panel (no doors on the front)
- external I/O panel with USB 3.0
- room for internal radiators
- flexible drive bay configurations
- dust filters
- cpu back plate cutout
- room for very large video cards (7970)

Options that would be nice to have:
- external SATA dock
- Fan controls
- Side window
-hot swap 3.5 bays

Oh, and I'm trying to do this for under $200

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

signor

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
Corsair 600t white. Matches your needs perfectly although I have no idea on price in $.

Just bought the case myself, could easily put a 120mm rad in the back, 240mm on top and front and probably 2x240mm on the sidepanel (with the mesh).

It fits all your "needs" and also 3/5 of your optionals.

signor

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139005

The case is alot bigger than youd expect, came in about an inch lower down than my Df-85; however it also comes in about 3 inches wider.

The cable management on the case is phenominal and from builds ive seen is basically an insult having any cables going over the mobo.

The HDD cages can be configured around and with them rotated around there a dream to install.

After switching my build over form the DF-85 it was easy to install everything but it took time due to wanting perfection.

The lighting on the case is nice and subtle, noise is low with rubber pads for all your fans. The fan controller is very smooth and easy to connect everything up (can control upto 5 fans (3 pin power connectors)).

There is ALOT of room at the back for cables and also huge backplate access. Rubber gromets on the mobo tray are everywhere and if you need anymore then your doing it wrong.

take a look at the nzxt switch 810

pN0rQ.jpg

also comes in black

81025.jpg

kitsunestarwind

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
Corsair Obsidian 800D
Quite literally the case is gigantic , separate air channels, lots of room for Watercooling
and will take giant gpu's
I don't know if you have them still available over there, but check one out.
This is my Bias and personal opinion based on the fact that I have and use one of them

mfarlow

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
So I realized that most of these full tower cases are too big to fit the location I have available. So it looks like I'm going to try and find a larger mid-tower.

I've narrowed my choices down to the following cases:
Corsair 650D
Corsair 600T
Corsair 500R
Coolermaster 690 II
Cougar Evolution

I've included the last 2 because they're just really well priced. If I can save $100 on a case I can spend that money on upgrading the cooling system.

mfarlow

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
So I had narrowed it down to either the 690II or the 650D, but just as I was about to grab the 690II I found an amazing deal on the 650D making it cheaper than a 500R, and grabbed it.

Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS