Best gaming laptop but small compact and used for University around 1200$

floors10

Reputable
May 30, 2014
I want to get a gaming desktop but my dad wants me to get something small compact and something that i can take to university, so i decided that i will get a gaming laptop but still not bulky and good for University my price range is around 1200$ US currency.

i am looking for any brand which has all the features of gaming but still good for University. i am looking for a rig to play BF4 and other titles at 1080p at medium to ultra settings, i dont really care about the graphics as long as i can play the game at 1080p and have a fps of above 60.

i am a hardcore gamer and will be playing on the laptop alot so could you get something that will last along time and will not loose any performance, i will be using and having this laptop for along time maybe 4 years so it must be durable and good.

it must be good for typing and taking notes when i go to University.

could you give me a list of gaming laptops that meet my specs and is around 1200$ from alienware to razor a list of gaming laptops would be best if you could leave link to all laptops or just give the name of the laptop

thank you

Solution
Gaming laptops are usually big, heavy, cost a huge amount for the performance you get, don't last long on battery if you are actually doing anything.

Since you have a pretty good budget, have you considered getting a pretty good gaming desktop, and a super cheap and small portable machine for carrying around and doing real work?

For 1200 bucks though you can get something like: http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8258-clevo-p157sma-p-6988.html or look around that website for things with decent video cards.

Traciatim

Distinguished
Gaming laptops are usually big, heavy, cost a huge amount for the performance you get, don't last long on battery if you are actually doing anything.

Since you have a pretty good budget, have you considered getting a pretty good gaming desktop, and a super cheap and small portable machine for carrying around and doing real work?

For 1200 bucks though you can get something like: http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8258-clevo-p157sma-p-6988.html or look around that website for things with decent video cards.

Solution