[SOLVED] Best Gaming PC that includes Optical drive upgradeability?

mynameisjoe1

Distinguished
May 8, 2015
Hi all, so I currently have an Inspiron 3670 and I'd like to upgrade to a better gaming PC (though most of them dont include an optical drive). Does anyone know of a Gaming PC that supports this upgradeability?. Or should I just built my own PC with it?. I'd really like to buy a prebuilt gaming PC though.

Solution
Hi mynameisjoe1.

You can buy an external CD/DVD/Blu-ray player/burner now and it's the same price as an internal one. This does give you more options on the new gaming PC pre-built or not.

I'd go for the by the parts and build your PC yourself or with the supervision of someone who already knows everything. You will have better hardware for the price and you will gain experience :)
Hi mynameisjoe1.

You can buy an external CD/DVD/Blu-ray player/burner now and it's the same price as an internal one. This does give you more options on the new gaming PC pre-built or not.

I'd go for the by the parts and build your PC yourself or with the supervision of someone who already knows everything. You will have better hardware for the price and you will gain experience :)

Solution
Hi all, so I currently have an Inspiron 3670 and I'd like to upgrade to a better gaming PC (though most of them dont include an optical drive). Does anyone know of a Gaming PC that supports this upgradeability?. Or should I just built my own PC with it?. I'd really like to buy a prebuilt gaming PC though.
What's your budget, what's your screen resolution and what country are you in?

mynameisjoe1

Distinguished
May 8, 2015
Hi mynameisjoe1.

What's your budget, what's your screen resolution and what country are you in?

I'm using 1080P (I dont like 4K), and I am in Canada. I'd like a built in Blu-ray player if possible.

I've built PC's before but I'm just seeing if there is pre-built pc's out there with blu-ray. or the option to install blu-ray.

If there are very little options I might build one. Thanks for the fast replies (as expected from THF lol).

And what AMD processor is best for video editing?.

Reactions: Why_Me
I'm using 1080P (I dont like 4K), and I am in Canada. I'd like a built in Blu-ray player if possible.

I've built PC's before but I'm just seeing if there is pre-built pc's out there with blu-ray. or the option to install blu-ray.

If there are very little options I might build one. Thanks for the fast replies (as expected from THF lol).

And what AMD processor is best for video editing?.
https://www.canadacomputers.com/ <--- they used to custom build computers for people .. not sure if they still do or not. The tough part is finding a new case that has an optical drive bay ... there's still a few out there but they're few and far between. Give 'em a call though and if they can't do it they can give you a lead on who does.

mynameisjoe1

Distinguished
May 8, 2015
https://www.canadacomputers.com/ <--- they used to custom build computers for people .. not sure if they still do or not. The tough part is finding a new case that has an optical drive bay ... there's still a few out there but they're few and far between. Give 'em a call though and if they can't do it they can give you a lead on who does.
OK will check it out thank you.

Reactions: Why_Me