Discussion Best GPU brand?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Best GPU brand?

• EVGA

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • GIGABYTE

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • ASUS (ROG)

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • MSI

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Others..

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
The EVGA FTW GTX1070, 1070ti, and 1080 all have this lighting.

Also, the EVGA FTW2 versions of those cards also have that lighting.

Sadly the EVGA GTX1060 FTW lacks the back plate and only has leds on the side that would face the window normally, not the fan side. not nearly as much as the higher end cards.
Thank you for the input.
I honestly didnt think EVGA is that good.
Until i saw your guy's experience with them.
There is a software to change the colors,right?

Asus has some good products, but a lot of junk.

Many overpriced cards.

Their tuf5700xt had such poor memory cooling it caused a lot of gpu failures. Asus then went on to blame AMD and said they provided the wrong mounting pressure (which was not the case) before pulling the card from the market.

As far as I know, no fix was ever made available.

Reactions: Dj0gany
I haven't bought anything from Asus in about 7 years. They were at one time a good company now just making money selling a inferior product because people see Asus and think their a good brand. You can buy better quality for less money buying from other companies.
What about their monitors?
I had a 2009 vh192d monitor up to literally 01.01.2021.
It die on duty due to overheating : ( (who would've thought 10 hour usage would've killed it xD)
A perfect way to start of 2021!

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Didnt know they were bad honestly.
Some of their products are ok... I guess I should say, the company 'got too big for its britches', or something like that?
I know there's pricing segmentation and all, but it was worse on Asus' end - before they expanded their TUF line, which was only on motherboards at the time.
You were buying a turd if you didn't get a Strix back then.
[Trying to keep it to gpus only]
Now I look at 'em, and I'm like, why are you guys charging so much more for your Strix now compared to the other brands, when their stuff checks out great in reviews and the like?
There's nothing 'more special' about 'em to warrant that.

After the tariff price hikes and blah, blah, blah...
RTX 3080 Strix: Why the EFF is that 930USD+, when this-
EVGA FTW3: 880USD+
Reviews for both models were good.
Yes, I'm tripping over an 6% price increase on cards that shouldn't have been more than 770USD at most, bite me.
But that's 50 bucks I could spend elsewhere if need be.

Sorry, I didn't want to derail this into a hate Asus thread.
Hate ROG.
Yeah, so the best gpu brand? That's the EVGA FTUF Gaming Z.

D

Deleted member 2720853

Best: EVGA, ASUS (TUF & ROG)
High end: MSI, Gigabyte
Bleh: everything else

Say what you want about ROG but I only had great experiences with ROG products and I don't regret spending a single penny. Case in point: motherboard that just works, compared to my previous two Gigabyte turds. Also my ROG Chakram mouse, which compared to a Razer mouse I had which started double scrolling within one day, is freaking fantastic. 3 months so far and the scroll wheel is still going strong.

However my MSI 3070 Gaming X Trio has been fantastic. No coil whine, quiet acoustics, 63-65C max under load at 42-45% fan speed, with factory OC. Would have loved a Strix GPU for my build to sync up to Aura Sync but oh well, you can't really pick and choose during shortages, I was even lucky to find my GPU at 520 EUR (at 6 AM of course).

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of their products are ok... I guess I should say, the company 'got too big for its britches', or something like that?
I know there's pricing segmentation and all, but it was worse on Asus' end - before they expanded their TUF line, which was only on motherboards at the time.
You were buying a turd if you didn't get a Strix back then.
[Trying to keep it to gpus only]
Now I look at 'em, and I'm like, why are you guys charging so much more for your Strix now compared to the other brands, when their stuff checks out great in reviews and the like?
There's nothing 'more special' about 'em to warrant that.

After the tariff price hikes and blah, blah, blah...
RTX 3080 Strix: Why the EFF is that 930USD+, when this-
EVGA FTW3: 880USD+
Reviews for both models were good.
Yes, I'm tripping over an 6% price increase on cards that shouldn't have been more than 770USD at most, bite me.
But that's 50 bucks I could spend elsewhere if need be.

Sorry, I didn't want to derail this into a hate Asus thread.
Hate ROG.
Yeah, so the best gpu brand? That's the EVGA FTUF Gaming Z.
"That's the EVGA FTUF Gaming Z"
Couldnt agree more xD

Best: EVGA, ASUS (TUF & ROG)
High end: MSI, Gigabyte
Bleh: everything else

Say what you want about ROG but I only had great experiences with ROG products and I don't regret spending a single penny. Case in point: motherboard that just works, compared to my previous two Gigabyte turds. Also my ROG Chakram mouse, which compared to a Razer mouse I had which started double scrolling within one day, is freaking fantastic. 3 months so far and the scroll wheel is still going strong.

However my MSI 3070 Gaming X Trio has been fantastic. No coil whine, quiet acoustics, 63-65C max under load at 42-45% fan speed, with factory OC. Would have loved a Strix GPU for my build to sync up to Aura Sync but oh well, you can't really pick and choose during shortages, I was even lucky to find my GPU at 520 EUR (at 6 AM of course).
Honestly when i look for a 1080ti, the Strix ones are the most expensive,and honestly they seem to be really good.
But after i saw the EVGA rgb thing, i mean....

D

Deleted member 2720853

Honestly when i look for a 1080ti, the Strix ones are the most expensive,and honestly they seem to be really good.
But after i saw the EVGA rgb thing, i mean....
Nah ROG tax is still there, not denying that. But heck if their GPUs arent top quality.

EVGA is also fantastic.