Best GPU Cooler

ATARI132

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
I have been told that the XFX radeon hd 6870 runs very loud and very hot. I just purchused my first build and I really don't want to fry my system so I was wondering if I would need a new GPU heat sink. If so, which one or whatever suggestions you have to keep my system cool that won't cost me an arm and a leg.

My Build:
NZXT Phantom ATX Full Tower Computer Case
CPU INTEL|CORE I7 2600K 3.4G
XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB(non-black edition)
4Gx2|CORSAIR Vengence
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm
MSI P67A-G45 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Corsair Enthusiast 750W PSU

PLEASE HELP!

firo40

Splendid
I know you can easily purchase a waterblock for that card and overclock that snot out of it if you really choose, The best method for saving money in that situation is to manually set the fans higher, or configure the fan profile to speed up faster at lower temps to combat higher heats at higher gpu loads, after market coolers for graphics cards are usually only for enthusiasts, sometimes they can cost up to 2/3's of the original cards price so make sure thats what you really want and remember it will void your warranty

ATARI132

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012

Well if that is the case i really dont want to void the warrenty already so is there something I could do to my case to help out. Also a friend told me that I wouldn't be able to play BF3 on Ultra because this card is a pile. If this is the case can you tell me of other cards that could.

First of all, how do you know it's overheating? I very much doubt it especially if it's a new build. As I said, before spending money, just check the temperatures! The instructions of how to do it is in my first post.

ATARI132

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012

Thank you for all of your help i got the computer built and if i have any probblemsi will definetely come back to toms hardware for answers.