Question Best GPU for A8-7500

Nov 5, 2019
Hi! I want to ask on what's the best gpu to buy for AMD A8-7500 with a motherboard of A68HM-E33 V2 and 12 gb of Ram.

I want to upgrade my little brother and sister's PC, he and she wants to play The Sims 4 and NBA2K.

Please help, for Christmas gift. Thank you in advance.

Try the games and see how you do.
You may well be more cpu limited than graphics limited.
As a simple test,
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

What is the make/model of your psu?
You may also need a psu change if you can run a strong graphics card.

Nov 5, 2019
Try the games and see how you do.
You may well be more cpu limited than graphics limited.
As a simple test,
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

What is the make/model of your psu?
You may also need a psu change if you can run a strong graphics card.
I tried The Sims 4 and it can run on medium low settings, and NBA2K18 on very low settings. I have a ATX-600WS psu. May i ask for your suggestion?

Can i ask what exactly should I buy because I'm going to order online and I'm afraid to buy a wrong item. Thankyou
As I said.....I would probably go with a GTX 1060. There are GTX 1060s made by different companies. NVidia, ASUS, Gigabyte etc.....

Performance-wise....there generally isn't that much difference between companies within the same model.

Although if you do go with a GTX 1060....or anything else for that matter.....make sure your power supply can handle it and that is has the proper plugs.

The GTX 1060 I have takes a 6 pin plug.

Nov 5, 2019
As I said.....I would probably go with a GTX 1060. There are GTX 1060s made by different companies. NVidia, ASUS, Gigabyte etc.....

Performance-wise....there generally isn't that much difference between companies within the same model.

Although if you do go with a GTX 1060....or anything else for that matter.....make sure your power supply can handle it and that is has the proper plugs.

The GTX 1060 I have takes a 6 pin plug.
Thank you for your response. Very much appreciated

Yes, sounds like a graphics upgrade is in order.
Some no-name cheap 600w power supplies can not deliver more than 300w and are a fire hazard if they fail.
That is why I wanted to know the make/model of your particular psu.
Does it have a aux 6 pin pcie power lead?
That6 pin cable will be required for any graphics card that is substantially stronger.
When you upgrade, make it a strong jump or you may be disappointed.
I would go stronger than a GTX1060, perhaps to a GTX 1660.